Search found 881 matches

by oink
26 Oct 2005, 17:11
Forum: Miscellaneous
Topic: iTunes Music Store now in OZ
Replies: 29
Views: 4935

foldedSoul wrote: ..but I'm not sure what that has to do with Rofl Harris?
Hmm, it's interesting his parents had the foresight to give him that name. I wonder what he would have turned out to be if they had called him Imo instead ? (maybe another Rush Limbaugh ? )
by oink
25 Oct 2005, 20:16
Forum: Miscellaneous
Topic: iTunes Music Store now in OZ
Replies: 29
Views: 4935

BTW You'd definitely be able to buy Rolf at the UK iTunes store - it's the Brits fault that he's still famous! Actually, whichever way you cut it, he's always been more of a British star than an Aussie one anyway. If he had never achieved anything in the UK, he'd be virtually unknown here, except f...
by oink
25 Oct 2005, 20:05
Forum: Miscellaneous
Topic: iTunes Music Store now in OZ
Replies: 29
Views: 4935

revolvermusic wrote:I'ts not mp3, but AAC to my knowledge,so it's sounds alittle better than mp3, allthoug I really wish one could choose a higher kbps.
I've just finished converting all my higher bitrate mp3s (192kbps and 256kbps) to 128kbps AAC and have observed no loss in quality whatsoever.
by oink
25 Oct 2005, 20:02
Forum: Miscellaneous
Topic: iTunes Music Store now in OZ
Replies: 29
Views: 4935

sixnon wrote:Stairway to Heaven confirmed that for me...
Actually, stairway to heaven came about because of a TV show here that featured a different artist performing the song each week, but yes Rolf's version was the standout.
by oink
24 Oct 2005, 21:39
Forum: Miscellaneous
Topic: iTunes Music Store now in OZ
Replies: 29
Views: 4935

oops, Rolf is not with sony, it seems. it's probably just that no one is interested anymore :)
by oink
24 Oct 2005, 21:30
Forum: Miscellaneous
Topic: iTunes Music Store now in OZ
Replies: 29
Views: 4935

tobyond wrote:They better be giving away the Complete Rolf Harris!!! :lol:
hehe, the irony. Rolf harris is not available to OZ (he must be with Sony BMG)
by oink
24 Oct 2005, 21:20
Forum: Miscellaneous
Topic: iTunes Music Store now in OZ
Replies: 29
Views: 4935

cheeky b wrote:a new release album would be somewhere between $25 and $30 AU
Actually, most albums (that are not 'song only') seem to be priced at $AU16.99
by oink
24 Oct 2005, 20:10
Forum: Miscellaneous
Topic: Just broke up with my girlfriend
Replies: 137
Views: 25018

AdamJay wrote:well its time for the "Beatsmith" to brush up on those skillz, if you know what i mean.... heh heh
Smiths use big heavy hammers to practice their craft, don't they ?
ouch!! :shock:
by oink
24 Oct 2005, 20:07
Forum: Miscellaneous
Topic: Just broke up with my girlfriend
Replies: 137
Views: 25018

cheeky b wrote:Having a 1000 posts and splitting up with your girlfriend wouldn't be in any way connected, would they?
hehe

Quite possibly. :roll:
by oink
24 Oct 2005, 20:06
Forum: Miscellaneous
Topic: Just broke up with my girlfriend
Replies: 137
Views: 25018

Look for the silver lining.
You haven't lost a partner, you've just entered a prolific songwriting phase :)
by oink
24 Oct 2005, 18:46
Forum: Miscellaneous
Topic: iTunes Music Store now in OZ
Replies: 29
Views: 4935

iTunes Music Store now in OZ

Yes, at last, we have ITMS in OZ, but Sony BMG is still refusing to play, so that catalog is 'unavailable'.
by oink
24 Oct 2005, 09:34
Forum: Applications
Topic: MidiPipe FAQ
Replies: 368
Views: 242466

Thanks Nico :)
by oink
24 Oct 2005, 04:18
Forum: Logic Studio
Topic: OK Logic whiz kidz, what's up here?
Replies: 12
Views: 1779

Problem #1 is a known bug with Logic 6.4 on Tiger. I doubt it will ever be fixed. thanks for the info pangmanster damn....i was hoping this wasn't the case. Would you know if Logic Pro 6 exhibits this behavior in 10.3.9 as well or will I have to stick with 10.3.8? thanks again... It will be fine on...
by oink
23 Oct 2005, 19:33
Forum: Logic Studio
Topic: Logic Rages Against The Machine
Replies: 17
Views: 3053

As for the process that you mentioned above, all I can say is that what I posted is what worked for me. Yes, but until you figure out the true reason it worked for you, you will run into problems again. The reason you thought it worked for you was not the true reason. The other MIDI instrument trac...
by oink
23 Oct 2005, 18:42
Forum: Logic Studio
Topic: Logic Rages Against The Machine
Replies: 17
Views: 3053

Before I get dogpiled, let me point out that one of the shortcomings of user forums is that you have to get your point out as quickly and succinctly as possible, as nobody wants to either read or write an epic treatise on a given subject. This is probably why Oink seems to find my posts so irritati...