Studio One Demo

Audio, MIDI and other software, not including effects or instruments
ozinga

Studio One Demo

Post by ozinga » 21 Aug 2009, 20:45

Guess we need a forum for this one.
First impressions
It's a hassle to download the demo.It's really boring at this day and age of speed just to download a demo.To be able to post on the forum one has to register again.(first one to download the demo and god knows why that's not enough to be able to post)Forum registration is even worse with an image verification that's impossible to read.
The GUI is very beautiful and easy on the eye.It almost looks like Logic 10 or what 9 should have been lol.
making sound and recording was much faster than trying to get the demo.Everything is very easy to find.
This program has great potential if they don't mess it up or complicate it like their demo registration.
Overall a great software for a version 1.00 and as I mentioned it's a pleasure to look at.

If anybody from presonus reading this forum.Forget all that demo registration and activation and let everybody download the demo with a simple link. You are turning a lot of potential buyers off with all that hassle.
Oz

sixnon

Re: Studio One Demo

Post by sixnon » 21 Aug 2009, 21:28

whilst i jut dropped $300 on Logic 9 upgrade and can't see myself jumping ships in a hurry, was tempted to look and found the Studio one demo link broken on the Presonus site

CSeye

Presonus Studio One demo available

Post by CSeye » 22 Aug 2009, 07:11

PreSonus

I didn't bother RTFM...
(Edit: I missed that the user manual was called "Content" under the help menu.)

Samples for the instruments were not available (to make for a smaller download???.

It seems very easy (intuitive) to set things up.

The audio and MIDI editing features are very limited.

At a glance, all of my 3rd party plug-ins passed the mustard except for Reaktor. ?

The included effects look cool with plenty of presets to show off the sound which is good.

I have a bad case of GAS but nothing here willl draw me away from my current stock of DAW.

If I were a first-timer this might've been an interesting choice.

Maybe Studio One will evolve into a contender in time.

My 2¢.
Last edited by CSeye on 23 Aug 2009, 05:59, edited 2 times in total.
i5 MBP-10.8, Mac Pro 1,1-10.7.4, Ensemble, Track 16, 828 mkll-Black Lion, Logic 9.1.7, Cubase 6.5.1, DP 7.2.4, Machfive 3, HALion 4.5, Redmatica (RIP), Z7S, JTV-59, Godin LGX-SA, Roland GI-20. The sweet spot remains the Godin LGX-SA and GI-20.

michael
Site Supporter

Post by michael » 22 Aug 2009, 11:36

From what I recall the manual is in the help menu.

If Studio One can pull off hardware mapped to soft synths native to the DAW, and make it dead easy, then that alone is worth consideration IMO.
DP7, Live 8 Suite

G
Owner/Admin
Twitter: glenngutierrez

Post by G » 25 Aug 2009, 09:39

Do I hear a second or third for a Studio One forum?

Demo available here..
http://www.presonus.com/demo-studioone/
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . UA Apollo x6 + Quad . macOS Catalina . Logic Pro X . TwistedWave . FCPX . PS CC . Affinity Suite . Get Info

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » 26 Aug 2009, 06:46

Yes please, been using this app for a few months now, it's definitely more than people think it is.
InnerPortalStudio.com Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.

G
Owner/Admin
Twitter: glenngutierrez

Post by G » 26 Aug 2009, 15:26

ozinga wrote:Guess we need a forum for this one.
<em>G</em> wrote:Do I hear a second or third for a Studio One forum
Tarekith wrote:Yes please, been using this app for a few months now, it's definitely more than people think it is.
Done!
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . UA Apollo x6 + Quad . macOS Catalina . Logic Pro X . TwistedWave . FCPX . PS CC . Affinity Suite . Get Info

Mike Connelly

Post by Mike Connelly » 19 Jul 2010, 13:17

The app is reportedly 64 bit, does the demo run in that mode? How does it work in 64, does it use a bit bridge for 32 bit plugs or something similar?