routing audio and input with Jackpilot and/or Soundflower

Audio, MIDI and other software, not including effects or instruments
atschpe

routing audio and input with Jackpilot and/or Soundflower

Post by atschpe » 05 Nov 2009, 08:06

I was wondering if someone here could help or has some tips. I've been looking around for a similar topic or descriptions that might lead me to the solution but I haven't found anything. If I overlooked a thread or am in the wrong place please point me to where I should be.

For discussions on a podcast I'm trying to figure out how I can setup my audio in- & outputs so as to play music samples during the conversation with discussion partners. I.e. I would be skype calling and recording my side of the conversation as always, but on top of that I would be playing audio samples (either via itunes or directly in Finder) to be added both to the sound I'm sending through skype as well as to the sound I am recording on my end (which I generally do with Audacity). I have been trying to figure out how to do this with Jackpilot and/or Soundflowerbed, but I only have managed to get either the audio samples or the input from my mic to come through so far – never both.

Ideally, the finished recording should have 4 tracks (two tracks for the mic / two for the music samples), but if necessary I could work with both mixed together in a stereo track. Would you know how to setup to make this doable?

Thanks for any help in advance