mp2 file conversion

Audio, MIDI and other software, not including effects or instruments
GLASSHEAD

mp2 file conversion

Post by GLASSHEAD » 19 Jul 2013, 10:07

How to convert mp2 audio files to aif, wav, flac, etc
I find hundreds of mp2 files online, but no converters, and nobody discusses this, anywhere ?
What's the mystery around this topic of mp2 file conversion ?
Any comments are appreciated.

G
Owner/Admin
Twitter: glenngutierrez

Re: mp2 file conversion

Post by G » 19 Jul 2013, 17:09

It could be the same reason why we don't talk about WAV or AIFF conversion. Just load them into whatever editor or DAW you're using, most of which support many file types, and you're set. Or fire up a converter app like X Lossless Decoder, or my old favorite, Max (possibly abandoned, but still works great here).

Where are you finding find hundreds of MP2 files online?
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . UA Apollo x6 + Quad . macOS Catalina . Logic Pro X . TwistedWave . FCPX . PS CC . Affinity Suite . Get Info

GLASSHEAD

Post by GLASSHEAD » 20 Jul 2013, 07:11

Hello
I download from DIMEADOZEN, FOR THE PAST 7 YEARS. Many torrents were
jazz mp2 files. Many of the collectors there in europe provide contacts with files that they compiled in
mp2. I don't know why they use that format, but they do.Strangely, they don't offer methods for conversion, because they use VLC to play the files, so they don't convert.

G
Owner/Admin
Twitter: glenngutierrez

Post by G » 20 Jul 2013, 13:42

The only reason I could see using MP2 as a source format is that these are old digital radio broadcasts or they're lifted from a video source like DVD, and they don't want to do any further lossy conversion.

If you don't have any luck with the audio apps above, you might try ffmpeg, which definitely lists MP2 source compatibility. There's a Mac GUI version called ffmpegX (I've never used it, but I have used other utilities based on ffmpeg with success—and a little glassy-eyed option overload).
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . UA Apollo x6 + Quad . macOS Catalina . Logic Pro X . TwistedWave . FCPX . PS CC . Affinity Suite . Get Info