Soundtrack Pro for sample editing and sound design!

Audio, MIDI and other software, not including effects or instruments

How do you use Soundtrack Pro?

Mainly for multitrack projects.
No votes
Mainly for audio file editing.
100%
For both mutlitrack and audio editing.
No votes
As an external editor from within a DAW like Logic or Live.
No votes
As an external editor for Final Cut Pro.
No votes
I have it (included in Logic Studio or Final Cut Studio), but have never tried it.
No votes

Total votes: 1

mattsax

Soundtrack Pro for sample editing and sound design!

Post by mattsax » 27 Jul 2013, 22:31

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to share my appreciation for Soundtrack Pro 3 as a a sample accurate audio editor. I am currently using it in two scenarios for editing.

The first is just as a stand alone editor, where I open completed wave files (either music or sound effects for games) to check the file and perform various tweaks before sending them off to my clients. These tweaks include checking zero crossings for looping files, adjusting volume, converting to mono, EQing using the frequency spectrum view etc.

The other use is as an external editor in Ableton Live. I have really taken to using Live for creating sound effects as it handles video really well (allowing you to edit and export video). But there are many times I want to do some destructive editing to an individual wave file and Live allows me to set Soundtrack Pro as the default editor. Fantastic. I get the best of both worlds - the power, flexibility and video handling of Ableton Live and the fine control and efficient workflow of Soundtrack Pro when I want. You just select the wave file you want to tweak inside Live, press it's edit button in the sample view and then it opens in Soundtrack Pro. When I save the wave file in Soundtrack Pro, it simply updates in Live and I continue sound designing.

Any other people doing the same?

Answer the poll and share the Soundtrack Pro love.

Cheers
Matt