Sound Soap 3 by Soundness

Audio, MIDI and other software, not including effects or instruments
stringtapper
Site Supporter

Sound Soap 3 by Soundness

Post by stringtapper » 24 Oct 2013, 14:54

So I just got an email telling me that Sound Soap 3 is out and that I can upgrade.

Seems the company Soundness now has the rights to develop Sound Soap and the iPro Recorder previously developed by BIAS.

http://www.soundness-llc.com/about.html

But they say they don't have any plans to develop any of the other BIAS products. :(
Unsound Designer

gdoubleyou

Re: Sound Soap 3 by Soundness

Post by gdoubleyou » 30 Oct 2013, 14:56

Interesting, wonder if the owner was part of the development team?

I had the Sound Edit 16 and Deck II combination, Bias dropped the ball with Deck II it was ahead of it's time audio recording, with midi file playback!
http://www.audiomac.net/audiomac_archiv ... eck25.html

Had it's own built-in effects processing, great audio editing.

The original developers OSC sold the company to Macromedia, they were trying to compete with Digidesign's audio and video apps.
Adobe ate Macromedia, Adobe had the competing products, Macromedia's video app became Final Cut Pro, the OSC developers went on to work with Digidesign on the native versions of Pro Tools.

Bias bought Deck and were so slow to update, most other apps caught and passed them.

8)
G-Dub

2GHz quad i7 MBP
Logic 9.1.8, LPX.0.4, OSX 10.8.5
Apollo Duo

G
Owner/Admin
Twitter: glenngutierrez

Re: Sound Soap 3 by Soundness

Post by G » 30 Oct 2013, 15:33

Thanks for the heads up!

The SoundSoap 3 press release is signed "Steve Berkley, Soundness LLC." So it's at least some (one?) of the same people. I'd wager they're limiting efforts to SoundSoap and the iOS app for coding time/value, testing the waters.

I wouldn't mind seeing a bug-free, cleaned-up-UI Peak back on track for the sake of its former users.
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . UA Apollo x6 + Quad . macOS Catalina . Logic Pro X . TwistedWave . FCPX . PS CC . Affinity Suite . Get Info