Goodbye OSX Audio

Forum for hijacking, general discussion, chatting and off-topic posting
qo
Site Supporter

Goodbye OSX Audio

Post by qo » 22 Jan 2005, 22:09

I can no longer support this site given that Oink's decision to ban fucanay has, through inaction, been condoned by those who run this site.

I vehemently disagree with Oink's decision and consider it both unfair and hypocritical.

To all the good people I've met along the way, I wish you well.

qo

wishforwings

Post by wishforwings » 22 Jan 2005, 23:10

Well, that's two really great sources of knowledge, information and inspiration that have helped me learn something (or atleast entertained me) for the past year that are now gone. From what I've read here(not saying there aren't more of you to add to the list) Fucanay and Qo are a full HALF of the sources of useful/relevant information on this site...

I don't really care*(but I do understand) why two of the bigger contributors to this community are leaving, but I do hope that the mods/admin* of this site do care that the contributors are leaving for a reason. What does the site you are moderating become if you alienate the major positive contributors to it?

So, Qo, Fucanay... what online music communities will you be taking part in so that I can continue with this aspect of my education?

the8bitdeity
Site Supporter

Post by the8bitdeity » 22 Jan 2005, 23:17

5..4..3..1!

ion_null

Post by ion_null » 22 Jan 2005, 23:18

Well said wishforwings :!: :!: :!: ... you sum up my feelings totally!!

I thought bullshit like this was long gone with the departure of Levon and his AU crusade, but sadly it isn't. :cry:

I thought the worst it could get was "have you been booed off stage" threat.

I believe OSX Audio is a more barren place due to their departure.

All the best chaps!

Eric
| iMac 3.06 Dual | Mobile I/O 2882 | 10.6.1 | 4 Gigs | Live 8.0.5 | Logic Pro 7.1 | U-he | Ohm Force | NI K5 + Kore 2 + Maschine | iZotope | GForce | Fabfilter| 2CAudio | Sonalksis | Novation 61SL ||

frackyfreak
Site Supporter

Post by frackyfreak » 23 Jan 2005, 00:14

for fuc's sake man, get a grip on yourself man and stop acting so prissy!

you're just suffering from "forum over-immersion syndrome" and taking everything that's been happening here too personally/seriously.

so, instead of making drastic decisions, step away from the computer- chill out and come back in a few days.[SPAM]
find some more important things to worry about.

arguing about crap on the internet is such a waste of time and energy, even jerking off is more productive.
(hey, at least you get a kick out of that!. :-) )

...now, i'm off to sleep.

hope this place still has some members left by tomorrow... :-)
Got Head?: :shock: :cry: :? 8) :( :o :lol: :evil: :roll: :x :oops: :twisted:

Yann Le Bihan

Post by Yann Le Bihan » 23 Jan 2005, 00:21

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Where are all the other moderators ??? This looks like a major crisis on OSXAudio forums, and it can't be resolved by one single person.
By definition, nothingness doesn't exist...

Yann Le Bihan

Post by Yann Le Bihan » 23 Jan 2005, 00:24

By the way, there's a new Amplitube... :oops:

Michael Schumacher
Site Supporter

Post by Michael Schumacher » 23 Jan 2005, 02:40

Prissy is the right word. Major crisis? Sheesh, get a grip. It's an internet forum.

Yann Le Bihan

Post by Yann Le Bihan » 23 Jan 2005, 03:09

Michael Schumacher wrote:Prissy is the right word. Major crisis? Sheesh, get a grip. It's an internet forum.
Hey, I said a major crisis on OSXAudio, not ww3 ! :D

donaldm

Post by donaldm » 23 Jan 2005, 05:14

narcissism.

dude its two weeks. take it easy

Yann Le Bihan

Post by Yann Le Bihan » 23 Jan 2005, 05:27

donaldm wrote:narcissism.

dude its two weeks. take it easy
It's not a problem of how long it lasts. It's the absurdity of the decision. And if other absurd decisions like this one are taken in the future, OSXAudio will no longer disserve its reputation. As simple as that.

PS : what narcissism ?

peter893
Site Supporter

Post by peter893 » 23 Jan 2005, 06:57

This is ridiculous ! qo you really shouldn't be leaving the forums due to this.
You are a great part of this community.

Ya Oink is wrong, but ya know so is Fucancy ! he could have just retracted what he said and none of this would have happened. After all he (Fucancy) was completely wrong.

and...
Fucanay and Qo are a full HALF of the sources of useful/relevant information on this site...
this is a bit much... come on..
Logic Studio 8 | Mac Pro Quad | 3GB ram | Symphony PCI-e | Apogee AD16X | URS | Waves | DUY | UA |

jon9091

Post by jon9091 » 23 Jan 2005, 07:17

Ya know . . . .people's intended tone and message so often gets misconstrued over the internet. There's also language barriers to consider. What one person may consider "defensive" behavior, may be just be a completely honest and direct question. Nothing wrong with that. If Markus had put a smiley face after his question . . . none of this would have happened. That's how fragile internet conversations can be.

a. I didn't see anything "defensive" about mfritze's question. I feel it was actually quite justified considering that the original poster has no history here, doesn't even use the product in question, and was trying to spearhead a campaign.

b. fucany overreacted

c. oink overreacted

d. if we were all out drinking beers, and this conversation took place . . . no one would have given it a second thought.

moral of the story . . . ., use more smileys :D stop overreacting . . . and definitely drink more beer.

bye,
Jon

Acelera

Post by Acelera » 23 Jan 2005, 07:26

jon9091 wrote:moral of the story . . . ., use more smileys :D stop overreacting . . . and definitely drink more beer.

Jon
Pretty much what I said on the other thread... we need to lighten up, smile, have fun and drink plenty beer. Let's bring back the feelgood factor asap.

macha

Post by macha » 23 Jan 2005, 07:47

I do not know what this is all about.[SPAM]..Is it ego related? Very sad.
In the past I already noticed a sort of " moral majority " behaviour on osx audio.
Too much critisism on the holy apple products was not appreciated before.
Maybe we are dealing with the clashing of cultures
or common values of countries here.[SPAM]?
An internetforum should have total freedom.
Are banned internetforumrebels the new trend ? Scary developments.....