Goodbye OSX Audio

Forum for hijacking, general discussion, chatting and off-topic posting
Ataru
Posts: 555
Joined: 05 Oct 2004, 14:29
Location: Central Jersey
Contact:

Post by Ataru » 23 Jan 2005, 09:22

LennieJ wrote:I've seem this happen on several forums, where forum member disagrees with said rules of that forum & trys to start a mass exodus. WTF I would suggest that peops that can't handle rules band together & start a ruleless forum if thats what they really want. Actions speak louder than words.
way to reduce the problem here to "people can't handle rules."

most of us are quite happy with the rules; this situation seems like a strange application of them.
Anthony Saunders: cd-r releases out now on Audiobot, Troniks, Alienation, and RSM. my homepage 1010011010

Yann Le Bihan
Posts: 312
Joined: 23 Oct 2003, 01:38
Location: France

Post by Yann Le Bihan » 23 Jan 2005, 09:26

logicat2001 wrote:He was only banned for two weeks. Fourteen days!
So what ??? this is a forum, not a school, for god's sake. And he is not a child but a client who bought software from a compagny, disserves much more *respect* from this compagny than he and others are getting these days, and incidentally told one employee of this compagny what he thinks of his attitude on the forums in such a particular context. He has the right to think it and to express it, as long as there is no insult. And if some people see insults in his words, then we have a big problem of definition.
By definition, nothingness doesn't exist...

toofar
Posts: 46
Joined: 13 May 2004, 10:41

Post by toofar » 23 Jan 2005, 09:32

two more cents:

1. Moderators are there to help a forum. They have good days and bad days, and some decisions are good ones, some need work, like the rest of us. Try to give the benefit of the doubt and support and appreciate them if you can find it in you.

2. Qo is just not allowed to leave. We need him more than he needs us. Sorry Qo.

3. Clean this place up so it looks nice for when fucanay gets back, 'cause we need him too.

i guess that was three... :oops:

ion_null
Posts: 48
Joined: 24 Aug 2003, 17:05
Location: Calgary Canada

Post by ion_null » 23 Jan 2005, 09:43

This may seem a bit off topic, but this latest spat of name calling and deligating blame reminds me of the days of rec.music.industrial and Tom Shear's (Assemblage 23 fame) view of said community/forum.

I believe it has some relevance here, especially relating to "intent of words":

Assemblage 23 "King of Insects" (http://www.assemblage23.com)


Words come easy
Behind a screen
When there's no interface-to-face
To be seen

King of Insects
You eat your own
Atop an anthill
You call your throne

Kingdom of one
So unaware
As one-by-one your subjects
Vanish into air

Chatter to the wind
Make your decree
And save your venom
For the ones who disagree

Your castle walls are falling
Your body's frail
Your window on the world
Is minuscule in scale

Burrow deep now
Escape the light
Heaven forbid you have to face
The ones you slight

<rant over>

I agree with toofar, let's clean this place up and put this issue to bed ... it may encourage fuc and qo to come back. To be human is to have an opinion and irrespective of opinion, they should all be respected.

Eric
| iMac 3.06 Dual | Mobile I/O 2882 | 10.6.1 | 4 Gigs | Live 8.0.5 | Logic Pro 7.1 | U-he | Ohm Force | NI K5 + Kore 2 + Maschine | iZotope | GForce | Fabfilter| 2CAudio | Sonalksis | Novation 61SL ||

Rogue
Site Supporter
Posts: 465
Joined: 28 Dec 2002, 08:34

Post by Rogue » 23 Jan 2005, 10:35

I don't feel very inclined to post at the moment for various reasons. That doesn't mean that I disagree with Oink's decision, neither that I agree with it. I just see it as a fact of life similar to floods that keep one inside his home.

An act of God then? yeah sure it think it's comparable. I am disappointed in Oink for creating the storm in the first place but I acknowledged it was within his powers when I first signed in.

Anyway it's not the first time Fuc leaves and this won't be the last. I think he is intelligent enough to know that we value his presence here and whether right or wrong he has been 'asked' to take a break from this community, nothing more.

... I'd be very disappointed in HIM is he didn't come back. In the meantime it'd be good to actually keep this to an anecdotic level - each member is adult enough to decide for themselves if they want to keep visiting OSXaudio or not, no need to display a tribal behaviour which is IMHO parasiting the rest of the content.
Toontrack Crew Member

EatMyShorts
Site Supporter
Posts: 529
Joined: 24 Feb 2003, 03:54
Location: Lagerdon, Great Beerland

Post by EatMyShorts » 23 Jan 2005, 11:14

Well said Rogue, as always ;)

DrGruv
Site Supporter
Posts: 517
Joined: 16 Jan 2003, 10:30

Post by DrGruv » 23 Jan 2005, 11:30

I am not looking directly to this situation.

But if you can't control the post, or people slandering or libeling them, then the forum WOULD degrade into anarchy and foulness.

Putte's where is the love thread comes to mind as a place to be in and participate.

AGAIN - not speaking directly to this situation, but the forum should be moderated and edited.

You may not like xx decision or yy actions against you, but these are PEOPLE that are just trying to do their best to keep all of us and these discussions running smoothly. - IT'S NOT AN EASY JOB.

We're here to help each other and to sometimes vent about our frustrations with products and features also - but the bottom line is to try to 'get along'

P.S. Two weeks is nothing to leave about - these are PEOPLE (with feelings and emotions, that are not perfect - no one is) trying their best to make this forum work....

cerberus
Posts: 554
Joined: 30 Dec 2002, 12:09
Location: Dogpatch, USA
Contact:

Post by cerberus » 23 Jan 2005, 11:41

My hypothesis is that Apple has threatened the Logic team to shape up or else.
As it becomes obvious that the app is falling apart at the seams, the tendency is to lash out at critics and blame them for the forthcoming announcement. I expect to see ProBand soon. Say goodbye to the environment, and all the other quirks and the UI that looks cocoa but is still straight from Atari hell, also oink's clever workarounds will not be needed, and his Logic expertise...

This must be very hard for dave and for tony too... and it will be hard for putte and others... but especially for their friend mfritze. Yes he is hurt. Maybe if people like me and fucanay and Rogue cut him a break, Apple would be nicer to them. Apple's main pro audio product is G5 running OSX. Logic will not de-throne ProTools in my lifetime and Apple will never kick Yamaha out now. So Nuendo is here to stay. Bad news indeed. ProBand probably looks as pathetic to a pro as GB does. Fucanay is a victim because he is really beating a dead horse and those guys are upset now...and fucanay made them more upset, right or wrong. I did expect more from tony and dave here; but under the scenario I think is about to unfold, (I don't see how they can begin work on Logic 8 at the moment, given what Logic 7 users report.. What latency problem with AU ? WTF ? ! ) I think we have not seen "upset" yet. It is over ! That is what this is all about. mfritze's job is not secure... We know how Mr. Jobs can be. Apple's UI guidelines are clear too. Atari and Win95 style menus are not permitted. Fucanay is probably just the final recipient of a temper tantrum that came from above mfritze's head. Since fucanay is not really a hothead, I assume it ends there.

(now some insider will tell me I am crazy, but if there is NOT a crises at Apple re: the performance of Logic 7, then something is wrong. Certainly they lost me since i was waiting for bug fixes that never came, and what is the deal with latency in AU again ? I am sorry, I missed the bulletin...)

I would love to have an off the record conversation with an Apple insider, because I invested in Logic too, it isn't my goal to kill it , but I am not a happy Logic customer, I will upgrade when the bugs which I think are important to be fixed are reported to be fixed. Maybe that will be never ! On the other hand, I am quite happy with the performance of my G5, OSX, and Cubase SX3. I like Apple, and I like Yamaha, and they like each other too.


cerberus
Last edited by cerberus on 23 Jan 2005, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
Image
"It's quite scary actually, they seem to have nailed it, haven't they?"

michael
Site Supporter
Posts: 2007
Joined: 28 Sep 2002, 00:59
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Post by michael » 23 Jan 2005, 11:42

DrGruv wrote:AGAIN - not speaking directly to this situation, but the forum should be moderated and edited.
moderated? YES edited NO.
P.S. Two weeks is nothing to leave about - these are PEOPLE (with feelings and emotions, that are not perfect - no one is) trying their best to make this forum work....
I would leave permanently. I don't tolerate punishment, I've been all growd up for a long time, I don't need a daddy, and the internet is a big place with plenty of forums to chat on; why stay at one that makes you uncomfortable?
DP7, Live 8 Suite

le_tigre
Site Supporter
Posts: 81
Joined: 16 May 2003, 08:30
Location: US/Eire
Contact:

Post by le_tigre » 23 Jan 2005, 11:49

in reply to cerberus,

bloody hell. is L7 really as bad as all that?

yeesh.
Yours,
Niall.

cerberus
Posts: 554
Joined: 30 Dec 2002, 12:09
Location: Dogpatch, USA
Contact:

Post by cerberus » 23 Jan 2005, 11:52

le_tigre wrote:in reply to cerberus,

bloody hell. is L7 really as bad as all that?

yeesh.
Don't believe everything you read !

Buy it and tell us ! (just don't do your research here)


cerberus
Image
"It's quite scary actually, they seem to have nailed it, haven't they?"

Yann Le Bihan
Posts: 312
Joined: 23 Oct 2003, 01:38
Location: France

Post by Yann Le Bihan » 23 Jan 2005, 11:55

Rogue wrote:no need to display a tribal behaviour which is IMHO parasiting the rest of the content.
Maybe I don't get you for language reason - and in this case please excuse me - but do you really find it "tribal" that so many members contest a decision that would certainly never have been taken if Markus Fritze had been the average member ? A group of people defending one person is not necessarily a tribe.

In my conceptions, this pretty massive reaction is rather a sane attitude, and I'm sure it will help some moderators thinking twice before acting in the future. Probably more than the banning decision is supposed to "help" the banned member 8)
By definition, nothingness doesn't exist...

ndstephens
Site Supporter
Posts: 144
Joined: 11 Oct 2002, 21:59

Post by ndstephens » 23 Jan 2005, 12:09

doesn't anybody else remember the last time this all happened? fuc swore he was gone, then so did other people. within weeks everyone was back like nothing happened. i haven't even bothered reading all the stuff. what a waste of time. people are pissed. it's no big deal. and nobody is permanently leaving so quit worrying about... it's all drama. this all sounds like some lame reality tv show.

Urs
Site Supporter
Posts: 1138
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 11:41
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Post by Urs » 23 Jan 2005, 12:31

ndstephens wrote:doesn't anybody else remember the last time this all happened? fuc swore he was gone, then so did other people. within weeks everyone was back like nothing happened. i haven't even bothered reading all the stuff. what a waste of time. people are pissed. it's no big deal. and nobody is permanently leaving so quit worrying about... it's all drama. this all sounds like some lame reality tv show.
Yeah... but some came back like after an alien abduction... not really the same... :-|

;) Urs
www.u-he.com <- UHBIK, Zebra, Filterscape, More Feedback Machine, Triple Cheese, ask for Zoyd UB

User avatar
tdc
Admin Emeritus
Posts: 543
Joined: 18 Jun 2002, 11:05
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by tdc » 23 Jan 2005, 23:06

hey folks,

i have been working hard on deep in the bowels of a studio and havent caught up with the goings on here..

My suggestion is we add some music from angelo bandalamenti and get david lynch in to direct the unfolding drama.

i sincerely hope that once this wave has passed we may return the purpose of this place... and i dont mean the thread for drunken people.

peace

Post Reply