Is this Site Dead? Bad update Info!

Forum for hijacking, general discussion, chatting and off-topic posting
xzusa8ky

Is this Site Dead? Bad update Info!

Post by xzusa8ky » 25 Jan 2005, 13:05

Hi!

I am sorry to say this but I think this site is to slow to report whats new for the Mac! Look at Macmusic they are totally up to date, and they report all interesting new releases when they are released, and not like "OSXaudio" they always just showing old releases on their site! I think that's not the right way to run a site like this especially not for the Mac scene! Wake up! It would be nice! OS X audio is a good idea but it could be a lot better I think!

Regards

xzusa8ky

akido
Site Supporter

Re: Is this Site Dead? Bad update Info!

Post by akido » 25 Jan 2005, 13:11

i personnally come here for the forums...the news, i can get them from other sources...

os x audio: concentrate on forums, let the others concentrate on news...please don't try to be everything to everyone...

one thing i wish: user-definable look/color scheme of the forums. it surely ain't too hard to program that option is it?
::++:+:::+:::+:+::+::+++:::++::
www.akidomusic.com

peter893
Site Supporter

Post by peter893 » 25 Jan 2005, 13:30

Nice way to introduce yourself.

Great first post !!!! not mention is posted in a completely inappropriate forum.

Ill be looking to help you out.

Peter
Logic Studio 8 | Mac Pro Quad | 3GB ram | Symphony PCI-e | Apogee AD16X | URS | Waves | DUY | UA |

Heritage
Site Supporter

Post by Heritage » 25 Jan 2005, 13:34

So, you just got to the party and are complaining about the food already?

How many articles have YOU submitted.... They are user submitted, you know.

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » 25 Jan 2005, 14:16

Huh!

What party? From where I come it's normal to out your thoughts! We are living in a democratic part of the world "Europe" and not the states! So please come down!
I been around here for a long time as a guest and as I sayd I like OS X audio but I think it would be a nice move to present new updates etc. a little bit faster...

"To be Critical don't mean terrorist!..."

regards

xzusa8ky

noka
Site Supporter

Post by noka » 25 Jan 2005, 14:31

I'm hoping what I'm reading is due to a language barrier...

Welcome to the forum.

sdfalk

Post by sdfalk » 25 Jan 2005, 14:33

I think the point was..
This is a site contributed to by members.
I myself haven't contributed any articles so
I don't get pissy when the site hasn't been updated
in awhile.
What have YOU done?

sdfalk

Post by sdfalk » 25 Jan 2005, 14:35

xzusa8ky wrote:Huh!

What party? From where I come it's normal to out your thoughts! We are living in a democratic part of the world "Europe" and not the states! So please come down!
I been around here for a long time as a guest and as I sayd I like OS X audio but I think it would be a nice move to present new updates etc. a little bit faster...

"To be Critical don't mean terrorist!..."

regards

xzusa8ky
You figure writing shit like that is going to win you any friends..Geez :shock:
I'm a Canadian and I find that insulting.

akido
Site Supporter

Post by akido » 25 Jan 2005, 14:41

sdfalk wrote:I'm a Canadian and I find that insulting.
the original post was very troll-esque, he? :)

i say...ban him! :twisted:

no seriously, "xzusa8ky", your criticism-driven 1st ever post here sounds like you have a hidden agenda, like promotion for another mac site...
www.akidomusic.com

rod samuel
Site Supporter

Post by rod samuel » 25 Jan 2005, 14:45

Could be on of the foofoofoo crowd :roll:

xzusa8ky, this is an Australian site.

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » 25 Jan 2005, 14:56

Hi!

No! I am not working for any Company or this like! i just thought that it would be nice if OS X audio would tell me to if a update or something else for the OS X comes out! Is that to much to ask for? Okay let it be like it is, and you will see a lot of new Mac users go somewhere else because they feel that other places give them a faster up to date news, what I think is normal or not? Users normally surf sites like this one to get the latest news for the OS X or not? And I can't understand why you all want's to "Ban" me because I saying what I am thinking? That's a very warm and nice welcome to new members on this board? Don't write what you think! Write what others want to hear? Otherwise....Hmmm

Regards

xzusa8ky

peter893
Site Supporter

Post by peter893 » 25 Jan 2005, 15:06

the ban remark was a JOKE

This is one of the top OS X related sites on the net. Its also strong because of the individuals that hang out here.

Mac music is great for news, but.... not to many well informed folks hang out in the forums.
If you want to know something about the Os X, the community or the tools used by musicians, this is the place to be.

Peter
Logic Studio 8 | Mac Pro Quad | 3GB ram | Symphony PCI-e | Apogee AD16X | URS | Waves | DUY | UA |

akido
Site Supporter

Post by akido » 25 Jan 2005, 15:08

hey dude, relax, the ban thing was a little joke, related to some things that happened recently :wink:

also, your ideas are welcomed, as long as they are presented in a cool manner. you came in a bit on the trolling side. don't be surprised. we can see the decrease in troll-attitude in your last posts, so i'm sure you understand the position of the people who replied to you.
www.akidomusic.com

Anton Torres

Post by Anton Torres » 25 Jan 2005, 15:40

Everyone should remember how difficult it is to discern what a poster's intent is, just from a few lines of text. This is doubly true when the comment was supposed to be: sarcastic, dry humor, an inside joke or reference. If I join a mailing list or forum and am greeted with someone crying out "ban him!", I'm going to assume they mean that literally. Of course it's a whole different story after you've grown to know forum members a bit more (and even then it's tough - consider the recent Oink/Fucanay debacle).

There's a gentility that I've been missing of late, across the few forums and mailing lists I'm a member of. In fact, last night I dropped all but two: OSXAudio and the Numerology beta list. I've simply grown weary of all the outbursts that are later revealed to be "jokes" or "sarcasm." I have neither the time nor the emotional energy to be taken for an adrenaline ride, only to find out later that the original poster was just pulling-my-leg.

What's my point? Heck, I don't know. Just a friendly reminder that newcomers aren't going to be very familiar with our mode of conversation, and that we should all take care to be very deliberate at the start.

Welcome, xzusa8ky, it's been a long month here. I personally almost never check the OSXAudio home page (and there was a near-identical discussion on the forums a few months ago.) The one reason I visit OSXAudio is because of the forums, and the very-high percentage of exceptional members who post here.

Best regards,
Anton
Anton

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » 25 Jan 2005, 15:54

Hi Logicat2001!

Thanks! No more to say....That's my words....thanks!

regards

xzusa8ky