Instrument/Effect Icons for Logic

Discussion of Apple Logic Pro, MainStage, GarageBand and all related applications
braj

Instrument/Effect Icons for Logic

Post by braj » 26 Feb 2005, 16:43

I just made a new Minimoog V icon. I hope it's useful for someone:

Now, does anyone know how to get an icon to automatically be associated with a plug-in when selecting it for a track?

braj

Post by braj » 26 Feb 2005, 17:08

Here's one for BuzZer, which I like a lot.

I'll keep making more and post them to this thread as I go.

yenorom
Site Supporter

Re: Minimoog V icon

Post by yenorom » 26 Feb 2005, 17:20

braj wrote: Now, does anyone know how to get an icon to automatically be associated with a plug-in when selecting it for a track?
I don't think there is a way to do this at the moment.

braj

Post by braj » 26 Feb 2005, 17:41

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

braj

Post by braj » 26 Feb 2005, 17:43

I'd be happy to take requests :D

braj

Post by braj » 26 Feb 2005, 17:56

Here's the directory where I'll be archiving the icons:

http://undereternityblue.com/logic/

The Beatsmith
Twitter: P_Leezy

Post by The Beatsmith » 26 Feb 2005, 17:59

they're really good. finally! someone who knows how to make them really well?

yes i have a bunch of requests :D

i'd like some decent ones for my roland jv1080, as many reason ones as you like.. um.... dunno just general ones :)

also... if you have an imposcar icon that would be very cool. i could take a screen grab of the imposcar window if you want?

very cool, thanks mate

eddie

The Beatsmith

Post by The Beatsmith » 26 Feb 2005, 18:00

duh!

imposcar is already there!

thanks! :twisted:

braj

Post by braj » 26 Feb 2005, 19:43

Here ya go, it's not perfect though...

And some more Logic plugs. I believe if you overwrite the default ones, these should show up when you create a logic instrument:

Image Image

Image Image

The Beatsmith

Post by The Beatsmith » 26 Feb 2005, 20:23

that's bluddy great. thanks a lote mate!

Stormchild

Post by Stormchild » 26 Feb 2005, 21:47

The Beatsmith wrote:they're really good. finally! someone who knows how to make them really well?
Those "icons" are just screenshots resized to fit in a 128x128 px space. Not to downplay the usefulness of them, of course. Just sayin, all you gotta do to make those is take a screenshot of the plugin, crop and resize it in Photoshop, save as PNG and you're done. Maybe add a drop shadow, if you're so inclined.

You can even skip the screenshot step if you go to my studio page, cause I've already taken screenshots of all the Logic instruments, as well as Absynth 2 and all the Reason devices. The screenshots on that page are 160 px wide, but you can click to get a full size version.

I'll add my icons to the pile too: I've got some Logic icons (.sit, 58 KB) on my site -- this set includes icons for Reason, ReWire, Absynth 2, Elektrik Piano, FM7, and Reaktor. I used the actual application icon for these (except for ReWire, of course, cause it doesn't have an icon -- but I made an icon from the ReWire logo, available on the Propellerhead site).
MacBook Pro (15" unibody, late 2008), OS X 10.5.6, Logic 8.0.2, Reason 4.0.1

kanker
Owner/Admin

Post by kanker » 26 Feb 2005, 21:54

To make things easier, you can just take a shot of an individual window - hit shift + cmmd (apple) + 4, then hit the space bar and a little camera icon will pop up where the crosshairs were, put the camera icon over a window, and you get a shot of just that window. (thank you Heritage for hipping me to that)
2.66 Ghz MBP, 10.6.2, Logic Studio, u-he stuff, Komplete 5
web space
myspace
I'm a recovering reverb addict. I've been dry 7 years

Stormchild

Post by Stormchild » 26 Feb 2005, 22:54

kanker wrote:To make things easier, you can just take a shot of an individual window - hit shift + cmmd (apple) + 4, then hit the space bar and a little camera icon will pop up where the crosshairs were, put the camera icon over a window, and you get a shot of just that window. (thank you Heritage for hipping me to that)
And if you enable caps lock before pressing command-shift-4, you can drag a selection area and it will just take a picture of that selection.

Personally I use Snapz Pro X for taking screenshots. You can take pictures of the entire screen, specific objects (like windows, the dock, even an open menu), or a selection area. It shows you a zoomed in version when you're adjusting the selection boundary, so you can get precisely what you want. And it lets you save in whatever format you want (or put it on the clipboard instead of saving it). The built-in screenshot function of OS X always saves as PDF.

When I take screenshots of plugin windows in Logic, I use the selection mode in Snapz Pro X and just capture the plugin GUI, not the "common top bar" portion of the window that you see in all plugin windows. Otherwise you're going to end up cropping it in Photoshop anyway.
MacBook Pro (15" unibody, late 2008), OS X 10.5.6, Logic 8.0.2, Reason 4.0.1

kanker
Owner/Admin

Post by kanker » 26 Feb 2005, 23:06

Stormchild wrote:And if you enable caps lock before pressing command-shift-4, you can drag a selection area and it will just take a picture of that selection.
Not sure I'm understanding you correctly, but if I am you can do that without using caps lock. BTW - Snapz Pro X looks pretty cool - thanks for the link!
2.66 Ghz MBP, 10.6.2, Logic Studio, u-he stuff, Komplete 5
web space
myspace
I'm a recovering reverb addict. I've been dry 7 years

braj

Post by braj » 26 Feb 2005, 23:21

Here's what I've done so far:

http://undereternityblue.com/logicsynths/index.html

There's 49 total, let me know if there are any I missed that you might need. I wish I had all those plugs to take actual screenshots of :( , but I used the screens located at kvraudio. It would have taken a while to do it all if I took my own screenshot (and the fact that I don't have most of the plugs is a major blocking issue).

You can even skip the screenshot step if you go to my studio page, cause I've already taken screenshots of all the Logic instruments, as well as Absynth 2 and all the Reason devices.
Would you mind if I took those screens and made them Logic-compatible?