Hurry up Logic (Apple)......

Discussion of Apple Logic Pro, MainStage, GarageBand and all related applications
MiamiMusicMan
Posts: 109
Joined: 01 Mar 2003, 01:37
Location: Miami,FL
Contact:

Hurry up Logic (Apple)......

Post by MiamiMusicMan » 16 Nov 2005, 13:58

The New DP Updates looks great. Motu's user base now has melodyne type pitch correction. It now appears that Logic is LAST IN THE RACE to implement Melodyne/Live (Audio warp) type functionality.

All the other leading apps have this with the exception of Slow Tools, sorry (Pro tools). Cubase SX, Neundo, DP, Live, Sonar, all have it. WHY don't we?

I'm seriously considering taking the time to learn Cubase sx for my midi needs and PT for my audio/mixing duties. I think apple needs to get with it.
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pac Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms,bumping into people, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

sergio
Posts: 379
Joined: 31 Mar 2004, 06:46
Location: New York City
Contact:

Post by sergio » 16 Nov 2005, 14:18

hhmmm...Live warp technology is completly different to what melodyne can do.....what you talking about? :shock: . live can time streach clips...so can melodyne...but live does not have a pitch correction a la Melodyne....the only one who does at this moment it's DP.4.6.

frugalpole
Posts: 1199
Joined: 30 Jun 2004, 11:43

Re: Hurry up Logic (Apple)......

Post by frugalpole » 16 Nov 2005, 14:21

MiamiMusicMan wrote:The New DP Updates looks great. Motu's user base now has melodyne type pitch correction. It now appears that Logic is LAST IN THE RACE to implement Melodyne/Live (Audio warp) type functionality.

All the other leading apps have this with the exception of Slow Tools, sorry (Pro tools). Cubase SX, Neundo, DP, Live, Sonar, all have it. WHY don't we?

I'm seriously considering taking the time to learn Cubase sx for my midi needs and PT for my audio/mixing duties. I think apple needs to get with it.
wait... so if pt doesn't have it, then logic isn't last in the race, right?

:wink:
mbp :: metric halo uln-2 :: live6 :: komplete4
danlukas.com

MiamiMusicMan
Posts: 109
Joined: 01 Mar 2003, 01:37
Location: Miami,FL
Contact:

Post by MiamiMusicMan » 16 Nov 2005, 14:32

sergio wrote:hhmmm...Live warp technology is completly different to what melodyne can do.....what you talking about? :shock: . live can time streach clips...so can melodyne...but live does not have a pitch correction a la Melodyne....the only one who does at this moment it's DP.4.6.
Logic has niether. That's my point. There's none of these "Top Modern" feature sets in logic.
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pac Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms,bumping into people, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

User avatar
gdoubleyou
Posts: 787
Joined: 20 Sep 2002, 16:09
Location: kirkland WA
Contact:

Post by gdoubleyou » 16 Nov 2005, 14:56

Are you sure, didn't Logic pro implement GB style pitch correction?

It's listed in the comparison chart, I'm using Express so i don't have first hand knowledge.

:?:
G-Dub

2GHz quad i7 MBP
Logic 9.1.8, LPX.0.4, OSX 10.8.5
Apollo Duo

MiamiMusicMan
Posts: 109
Joined: 01 Mar 2003, 01:37
Location: Miami,FL
Contact:

Post by MiamiMusicMan » 16 Nov 2005, 15:08

gdoubleyou wrote:Are you sure, didn't Logic pro implement GB style pitch correction?

It's listed in the comparison chart, I'm using Express so i don't have first hand knowledge.

:?:
Not yet. They announced it at shortly after NAMM show as an upcoming feature. This was the same announcement that talked about Full PDC. We got PDC in 7.1 but still no new Audio editing. GB has it and so does STP. Hopefully we can look forward to a major update soon...
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pac Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms,bumping into people, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

User avatar
rrR
Site Supporter
Posts: 495
Joined: 18 Jun 2003, 02:13
Location: Los Angeles

Post by rrR » 16 Nov 2005, 15:12

Yea!!
I want 'graphic time & pitch' editing in the Arrange Window!
And with beat markers a la LIVE!

This is the only issue that makes me reWire LIVE to Logic and do other backflips!!!
So yea... ummmm, soon please.
rRand

PS Of course the standard reply for requests on forums is to 'write Apple'.

Dragonwind
Posts: 33
Joined: 09 May 2003, 06:05

Post by Dragonwind » 16 Nov 2005, 19:53

MiamiMusicMan wrote: Not yet. They announced it at shortly after NAMM show as an upcoming feature. This was the same announcement that talked about Full PDC. We got PDC in 7.1 but still no new Audio editing. GB has it and so does STP. Hopefully we can look forward to a major update soon...
Pitch correction is in Logic. It is nothing like DP's but rather a simple 'fixer' plugin.
Chris

JPTaylor
Posts: 12
Joined: 11 Nov 2005, 13:04

Post by JPTaylor » 16 Nov 2005, 21:28

Well, at the risk of bragging, it's nice to have both Logic 7.1 _and_ DP 4.61 ; like many others here who do, it seems that each of these fits the "holes" that the other one has... With both of them, and Live & Reason to boot, I think that they pretty much cover what you would need...

Again - I'm sure a lot of people have all the programs, but in having them, needing pitch correction like DP in Logic, well, it would be nice, but ( for me ), it's not necessary.

I'm happy with what I have, and even _one_ of these programs is capable of doing more than what most people could utilize in a lifetime...

Just my .02

-JP.

tonedeaf
Posts: 443
Joined: 16 Mar 2004, 15:20
Location: NY

Post by tonedeaf » 17 Nov 2005, 08:51

logic has gone from one of the best DAW, to a laughing stock.

its filled with bloatware, and nothing serious ever gets updated.

I mean, they keep filling us up with all these logic made software instruments, that to use we need to "unlock" and that means pay apple more money...

it sucks. logic has gone down hill since apple bought it. Hell, we would still have VST's! if apple never bought logic!!!

pangmaster
Site Supporter
Posts: 846
Joined: 27 Feb 2003, 07:38
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Post by pangmaster » 17 Nov 2005, 09:14

tonedeaf wrote:logic has gone from one of the best DAW, to a laughing stock.

its filled with bloatware, and nothing serious ever gets updated.

I mean, they keep filling us up with all these logic made software instruments, that to use we need to "unlock" and that means pay apple more money...

it sucks. logic has gone down hill since apple bought it. Hell, we would still have VST's! if apple never bought logic!!!
I'd hardly call it a laughing stock. 7.1 is the best Logic so far, and I've been using it since v4. There is a lot of room for improvement, that's for sure, but it is very stable, very usable, and offers a lot of features for the money. I still believe it's the best when it comes to power for MIDI manipulation and routing.

revolvermusic
Site Supporter
Posts: 219
Joined: 09 Sep 2003, 10:44

Post by revolvermusic » 17 Nov 2005, 09:29

tonedeaf wrote: I mean, they keep filling us up with all these logic made software instruments, that to use we need to "unlock" and that means pay apple more money...
You don't have to unlock anything anymore, that was way back in the Emagic days, remember? When you buy Logic, you get it all.

@nders

nebula
Posts: 261
Joined: 14 Dec 2003, 23:27

Re: Hurry up Logic (Apple)......

Post by nebula » 17 Nov 2005, 11:36

MiamiMusicMan wrote:All the other leading apps have this with the exception of Slow Tools, sorry (Pro tools). Cubase SX, Neundo, DP, Live, Sonar, all have it. WHY don't we?

I'm seriously considering taking the time to learn Cubase sx for my midi needs and PT for my audio/mixing duties. I think apple needs to get with it.
Personally I'd much rather see Logic's existing (excellent) features fine-tuned and rock-solid. It's almost there, but unfortunately it's because of attitudes like yours that software development is driven by marketing - i.e., it appears that you would choose the latest features and buzzwords instead of a solid app that really does what it says it does, reliably.

So what do we get? A sequencer with comprehensive Apple Loops support and a few really great sounding synths and reverbs, which unfortunately can't even send out MIDI data with better than 5 msec accuracy.

Thanks. Yeah I hope they get to work on the pitch warping real soon now.

nebula
Posts: 261
Joined: 14 Dec 2003, 23:27

Post by nebula » 17 Nov 2005, 11:39

tonedeaf wrote:I mean, they keep filling us up with all these logic made software instruments, that to use we need to "unlock" and that means pay apple more money...
You can't possibly own a legitimate copy of Logic and believe this to be true.

vinney57
Posts: 20
Joined: 09 Jul 2004, 20:28
Location: UK of Englandshire

Post by vinney57 » 17 Nov 2005, 17:34

tonedeaf wrote:logic has gone from one of the best DAW, to a laughing stock.

its filled with bloatware, and nothing serious ever gets updated.

I mean, they keep filling us up with all these logic made software instruments, that to use we need to "unlock" and that means pay apple more money...

it sucks. logic has gone down hill since apple bought it. Hell, we would still have VST's! if apple never bought logic!!!
What ARE you talking about?

Post Reply