Standard velocity offset

Discussion of Apple Logic Pro, MainStage, GarageBand and all related applications
krogalon

Standard velocity offset

Post by krogalon » 09 Jun 2008, 00:56

Hi!

I have a yamaha clavinova, which unfortunately doesn't send velocity values greater than approximately 100, even if I hit the keys very hard. So I set the velocity in the "MIDI-Through" information window to +20 and it kind of works.

I wonder if there is a way to set this as default, maybe in a Logic environment? It would be great if it only affected the Clavinova, as I also have a CME UF6 connected which does not need this velocity correction. They're connected each to one port of a MOTU Fastlane interface.

Grateful for any hint,

Stefan

desmond

Re: Standard velocity offset

Post by desmond » 09 Jun 2008, 10:40

krogalon wrote:I have a yamaha clavinova, which unfortunately doesn't send velocity values greater than approximately 100, even if I hit the keys very hard. So I set the velocity in the "MIDI-Through" information window to +20 and it kind of works.

I wonder if there is a way to set this as default
Sure. Set the MIDI thru parameters you want to your autoload template. Now when you start Logic, it will always load with those settings.
krogalon wrote:maybe in a Logic environment? It would be great if it only affected the Clavinova, as I also have a CME UF6 connected which does not need this velocity correction. They're connected each to one port of a MOTU Fastlane interface.
Yep, open the environment, go to the click and ports layer. Take a cable from the port coming from the Clav, cable it to an instrument or transformer to do the velocity modification, then cable it back to the sequencer input.

Now, the MIDI data coming from that one port gets processed how you want, and the other ports are unaffected.

Again, do this in your autoload song.

krogalon

Post by krogalon » 09 Jun 2008, 13:19

Thank you very much! I used a transformer object with an exponential map.

Great!

regards,
Stefan

desmond

Post by desmond » 09 Jun 2008, 13:39

Easy, wasn't it!

And people think the environment is hard and not useful... :D

Peterpilz

Re: Standard velocity offset

Post by Peterpilz » 17 Jul 2013, 00:53

I found the page http://klaviererfolg.de/clavinova - here everything is explained in Detail expecially Clavinova CLP and CVP - you will find that Information there.