Logic X - what do you want -

Discussion of Apple Logic Pro, MainStage, GarageBand and all related applications
funkyappledog

Logic X - what do you want -

Post by funkyappledog » 07 May 2012, 16:23

I am still on 10.6.8 with 9.1.7 and Logic is solid as ever, performing well as i like,
i am sure there could be all sorts of things added, but as a host and tracking /mixing machine it does do very well.

The one thing i would like Logic to do is some form of auto screen resizing, so if you have only 3 tracks they are big and get smaller only as you add more or if you hide some they resize to fill the screen again, as we always have to keep doing this manually and taking time,an automated version you could turn on/off in prefs would be handy.
I do use locked screen sets but work more and more on the arrange 1st page and wishing it just knew what was going on.

i like the way Pro tools 10 does clip gain to automation and automation to clip gain and also how the waveform changes in real time in relation to fades.
So that's some, they are more visual than purely audio related.

lostmemories

Re: Logic X - what do you want -

Post by lostmemories » 09 May 2012, 04:17

The one thing i would like Logic to do is some form of auto screen resizing, so if you have only 3 tracks they are big and get smaller only as you add more or if you hide some they resize to fill the screen again, as we always have to keep doing this manually and taking time,an automated version you could turn on/off in prefs would be handy.
Just push "z" key when nothing is selected and the window content will be automatically adapted to the size, ok, you have to tape a key, it"s not fully automated, but near from what you want :)

If you tape "z" with (a) selected item(s), the screen will fit on the selected item(s).

Falk

Post by Falk » 09 May 2012, 04:29

I would really like better metering.

Big, fat, scalable meters. Much like how the Elemental Audio Inspector XL use to work.

Then I would like all plugins to be scalable. You can scale now, but it looks terrible and pixellated. Or at least and option so developers can offer 2 or 3 sizes.

AND, I want an Logic iPad app! I want to be able to walk into my recordingroom with my iPad, control record level AND see the level on the iPad...

funkyappledog

Post by funkyappledog » 09 May 2012, 19:46

lostmemories wrote:
Just push "z" key when nothing is selected and the window content will be automatically adapted to the size, ok, you have to tape a key, it"s not fully automated, but near from what you want :)

If you tape "z" with (a) selected item(s), the screen will fit on the selected item(s).
Well No that's not correct, it just toggles Auto track Zoom on/off which is great but just zooms one track not the "window content", the current track.

lostmemories

Post by lostmemories » 10 May 2012, 07:26

Well No that's not correct, it just toggles Auto track Zoom on/off which is great but just zooms one track not the "window content", the current track.
Oh, sorry maybe I remapped the keys, I did not speak about auto zoom track, but the command "Toggle zoom to fit Selection or All Contents", you'll find it in the "Preferences -> Key Commands...", you can assign a key to this command if there is no already assigned, and you have the near automated function you want 8)

funkyappledog

Post by funkyappledog » 10 May 2012, 22:24

Yeah love that and use it heaps -I use a KB Cover keyboard so i left auto zoom where it was.
Toggle zoom to fit Selection or All Contents yes i have that on my free ' button next to return.
Grab a bunch of tracks and bang ,excellent, That feature is very important for flow and the best we have thus far.
that is not what i meant though,
i mean the whole arrange page adjusting to fit what we have currently displayed automatically,obviously you want to disable it if need be too.

Janne
Site Supporter

Post by Janne » 19 May 2012, 11:27

I'd love to have a way to organize my plugins the way I want.
Compressors in one menu, EQ's in another and so on...

Why not just a configurable favorites submenu in the plugin menu?
"I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your ass will be laminated."

muleskinner

Post by muleskinner » 21 May 2012, 02:11

- All the routing bugs fixed.
- Comping that works the same way with MIDI as it currently does with audio.
- All the crossfade bugs fixed
- The hyper-editor dragged into the 21st century.
- A more straightforward way of dealing with MIDI controllable plug-ins
- The environment still there

Those are the ones that spring to mind anyway, but I'm not holding my breath!
====
8 core Harpertown Mac Pro, OS X 10.6.2, Logic Pro 9.1.1, Metric Halo ULN-2
====

macsterdam

Post by macsterdam » 26 May 2012, 03:16

arrange markers
Quickly and freely arrange any part of the song in any order, based on the markers set.

Arrange window with tabs
Have different arrangements open and switch between them by just selecting any of the tabs. I made a simple mock-up of this idea a long time ago.

gdoubleyou

Post by gdoubleyou » 29 May 2012, 06:30

EXS that will save ALL settings with the preset.

:idea:
G-Dub

2GHz quad i7 MBP
Logic 9.1.8, LPX.0.4, OSX 10.8.5
Apollo Duo

gdoubleyou

Post by gdoubleyou » 02 Jun 2012, 10:01

Looks like I may get my wish, Looks like Apple has swallowed Rematica.

I smell an updated EXS!

:o
G-Dub

2GHz quad i7 MBP
Logic 9.1.8, LPX.0.4, OSX 10.8.5
Apollo Duo

funkyappledog

Post by funkyappledog » 04 Jun 2012, 00:40

Whoah !!!

thighpilot
Twitter: thighpilot

Post by thighpilot » 05 Jun 2012, 15:31

I think the big one is better multicore CPU support.

There is also a funky issue when you remap outputs to Stereo Output. If you remap Stereo Output to something like SPDIF, you lose the ability to use analog 1&2 on certain interfaces. Not so big of a deal with me on the Apollo since it uses Monitor 1 & 2, but a big deal on something like the Fireface. It can make analog summing more of a pain on certain interfaces.
Nathan Hamiel
Artist / Producer / Remixer
The Freq Zone
http://freqzone.com
http://www.thighpilot.com
iMac 3.4 GHz i7, Logic 9, Live 9, Wavelab 8, Apogee Symphony I/O, Rupert Neve 5059, UA Apollo Quad, Focal Solo 6be, Focal Sub 6, Access Virus TI2