Logic X We are ready to receive you!

Discussion of Apple Logic Pro, MainStage, GarageBand and all related applications
OneOhm

Logic X We are ready to receive you!

Post by OneOhm » 02 Mar 2013, 07:03

Where art thou? Show yourself!
https://soundcloud.com/nervenickels

One Ohm

"Disclaimer: If the liberty to express oneself is not highly valued, there is no problem: freedom of expression is simply curtailed in favor of other values." -plato

mfritze

Re: Logic X We are ready to receive you!

Post by mfritze » 05 Mar 2013, 09:43

Just just have to know where to get it! Here it is: http://www.movementskis.com/de/produkte ... ies/logic/

Falk

Post by Falk » 05 Mar 2013, 11:53

Ah, Markus... You're such a tease... :D

But I'm very very curious too... :-)

gdoubleyou

Post by gdoubleyou » 06 Mar 2013, 12:27

mfritze wrote:Just just have to know where to get it! Here it is: http://www.movementskis.com/de/produkte ... ies/logic/
Must be true, they have an APPLE logo!

:o
G-Dub

2GHz quad i7 MBP
Logic 9.1.8, LPX.0.4, OSX 10.8.5
Apollo Duo

OneOhm

Post by OneOhm » 06 Mar 2013, 19:01

why hast thou forsaken me?

One Ohm

"Disclaimer: If the liberty to express oneself is not highly valued, there is no problem: freedom of expression is simply curtailed in favor of other values." -plato

redlogic

Post by redlogic » 06 Mar 2013, 20:18

No man shall see the face of Logic X and live.
Mac Pro 2x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon with 9 GB RAM, OS X 10.6.8, Logic Pro 9.1.8, RME FireFace 400, UAD-2 Quad

OneOhm

Post by OneOhm » 13 Mar 2013, 20:51

show thy self!

One Ohm

redlogic

Post by redlogic » 14 Mar 2013, 00:06

Be still,...
Mac Pro 2x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon with 9 GB RAM, OS X 10.6.8, Logic Pro 9.1.8, RME FireFace 400, UAD-2 Quad

G
Owner/Admin
Twitter: glenngutierrez

Post by G » 14 Mar 2013, 06:21

A friend finally upgraded from 8 to 9 last week. So right now would be pretty hilarious.
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . UA Apollo x6 + Quad . macOS Catalina . Logic Pro X . TwistedWave . FCPX . PS CC . Affinity Suite . Get Info

OneOhm

Post by OneOhm » 17 Mar 2013, 20:46

gotta have my Logic X!

with ghost detector!

One Ohm

OneOhm

Post by OneOhm » 07 Jun 2013, 11:52

I can't wait till Monday!

One Ohm

G
Owner/Admin

Post by G » 07 Jun 2013, 14:08

Indeed. Not sure that we'll hear anything about Logic X (though it would be nice to see an online AU Plug-In Store, which would make sense to unveil at a dev conference...), and it's a little early to get a hex core i7 Haswell Mac mini and/or fancy new Mac Pro, AND I'm afraid my 2008 Mac Pro won't be able to run OS X 10.9 since it was at the cutoff for 10.8, but an Apple keynote is still an Apple keynote. Bring it on!

Monday morning at 10:00 am Pacific, for those not following WWDC.
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . UA Apollo x6 + Quad . macOS Catalina . Logic Pro X . TwistedWave . FCPX . PS CC . Affinity Suite . Get Info

Post by 27 » 07 Jun 2013, 18:36

G wrote:Indeed. Not sure that we'll hear anything about Logic X (though it would be nice to see an online AU Plug-In Store, which would make sense to unveil at a dev conference...), and it's a little early to get a hex core i7 Haswell Mac mini and/or fancy new Mac Pro, AND I'm afraid my 2008 Mac Pro won't be able to run OS X 10.9 since it was at the cutoff for 10.8, but an Apple keynote is still an Apple keynote. Bring it on!

Monday morning at 10:00 am Pacific, for those not following WWDC.

AU plug in store? ugh. i hope not. i'm sure devs would mostly hate to give apple a share of their income.. not to mention it would probably be a stupid process to get stuff on there like w/the APP store.

so, i'm happy to buy directly from developers.. .honestly.. i wish they'd just get rid of AU or have logic support VST. it'd make things way simpler. i think most AU plugs are just VSTs wrapped in an AU shell anyways.

G
Owner/Admin

Post by G » 07 Jun 2013, 18:40

Many audio devs seem perfectly happy to give Propellerheads a share of their income in exchange for hosting, payment processing and customer service triage (as do a couple of record labels and iOS app developers). But yeah, not all devs are deeply invested in the current state of AU as it is, so that would need to improve as well.

But "stupid" process? How many plug-ins do you manage on your system, and you don't think you'd prefer automatic updates? The MAS has a pretty crap UI in some places, yes, but between that and Sparkle, OS X app updates are far more pleasant now that they were 10 years ago.

Anyway, we'll find out on Monday!

Post by 27 » 08 Jun 2013, 19:12

G wrote:Many audio devs seem perfectly happy to give Propellerheads a share of their income in exchange for hosting, payment processing and customer service triage (as do a couple of record labels and iOS app developers). But yeah, not all devs are deeply invested in the current state of AU as it is, so that would need to improve as well.

But "stupid" process? How many plug-ins do you manage on your system, and you don't think you'd prefer automatic updates? The MAS has a pretty crap UI in some places, yes, but between that and Sparkle, OS X app updates are far more pleasant now that they were 10 years ago.

Anyway, we'll find out on Monday!
i don't want to be tied into any kind of app store. i just don't like it. i'd rather download the app/update.. read all the details to see what's changed.. wait for other users to check it out etc..

i think an app store for plug ins would slow down the 'hot fix' scenario. developers releases program.. then update.. then discovers random weird bug in the update.. fixes the update.. waits 2 weeks for it to show up in the app store while users complain..

sorry.. no thanks.

besides.. i think many small devs have a hard enough time surviving financially.. i think the reason extension things are a different ball park. reason has always been closed.. no plug ins etc.. users have wanted 'more' for a long long time.. also, many devs aren't doing 1 to 1 ports of their plug ins.. some are.. but most are just making different things for reason and pricing them cheap. it's a different business model.

also, w/an app store.. i already own so many plug ins.. would there be some kind of app store transition where all licenses get moved over to an app store? sounds like a real pita to me. also, multiple installs for different systems... and off line installs???

no thanks again.

but yeah.. i guess we'll find out monday.. personally i think that a plug in app store thing is so little gain for apple that they wouldn't bother. apps for iOS devices are another ball of wax.