Logic X is out!!!

Discussion of Apple Logic Pro, MainStage, GarageBand and all related applications
ty604

Logic X is out!!!

Post by ty604 » 16 Jul 2013, 06:05

Last edited by ty604 on 16 Jul 2013, 06:24, edited 1 time in total.

G
Owner/Admin
Twitter: glenngutierrez

Re: Logic X is out!!!

Post by G » 16 Jul 2013, 06:07

Yep! I'm gathering the official Apple info for the front page of the site right now. MainStage 3 and Logic Remote for iPad are also out.
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . UA Apollo x6 + Quad . macOS Catalina . Logic Pro X . TwistedWave . FCPX . PS CC . Affinity Suite . Get Info

ty604

Post by ty604 » 16 Jul 2013, 06:12

This is freekin' mind blowing. That UI is sick!

How did they keep this under wraps so well? I guess their security has improved.

It's weird that it was released on a non-event day. Not even NAMM. What's up with that?

Does it mean anything? They think it's low priority?

Anyway, this is nuts. ProTools what? Pff

OneOhm

Post by OneOhm » 16 Jul 2013, 07:58

Not showing up in my updates???
https://soundcloud.com/nervenickels

One Ohm

"Disclaimer: If the liberty to express oneself is not highly valued, there is no problem: freedom of expression is simply curtailed in favor of other values." -plato

G
Owner/Admin
Twitter: glenngutierrez

Post by G » 16 Jul 2013, 08:06

OneOhm wrote:Not showing up in my updates???
There is no update. $199 for all.
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . UA Apollo x6 + Quad . macOS Catalina . Logic Pro X . TwistedWave . FCPX . PS CC . Affinity Suite . Get Info

ty604

Post by ty604 » 16 Jul 2013, 08:08

Would it be because it's a completely new version and not really an update? I don't know.

DHR
Site Supporter

Post by DHR » 16 Jul 2013, 08:19

Is there still a list of 64 bit au plugins around here? I need to upgrade evreything soon so I want to go ahead and DL stuff I'll need beforehand...
Macbook, DAW, VIs, Guitars!

OneOhm

Post by OneOhm » 16 Jul 2013, 08:32

ty604 wrote:Would it be because it's a completely new version and not really an update? I don't know.
oh, so it's not Logic anymore?

It's a $199 update no way around that...unreal.

One Ohm

"Disclaimer: If the liberty to express oneself is not highly valued, there is no problem: freedom of expression is simply curtailed in favor of other values." -plato

stringtapper
Site Supporter

Post by stringtapper » 16 Jul 2013, 09:06

OneOhm wrote:
ty604 wrote:Would it be because it's a completely new version and not really an update? I don't know.
oh, so it's not Logic anymore?

It's a $199 update no way around that...unreal.
I'm not following you. It's not an "update" it's an upgrade, i.e. a whole new version of Logic. And yes it's still Logic.

As to the $199 we've known it would be like this from now on ever since they started selling Logic in the App Store. And besides $199 is pretty close to what past upgrade prices have been anyway.

So far I'm most impressed that even though they went with the whole "GarageBand Pro" feel they seem to have managed to retain the depth of features. Even the Environment is still there!

Audio editor seems to be much improved, and it's needed it for some time. WIll have to spend some more time with it.

I had hoped that somehow WaveBurner's features would be rolled into Logic X but I'm not finding anything. :(

Overall :)
Unsound Designer

OneOhm

Post by OneOhm » 16 Jul 2013, 09:55

I don't know...update vs. upgrade? How is it an upgrade if you never bought Logic before? I'm sure it's great whatever you call it...I would've liked to see of some sort of path...Is it that all app store prices are 'upgrade' prices now? cool! so prices should continue to go down as user base keeps going up. right? I don't see that this time...

One Ohm

mauisun

Post by mauisun » 16 Jul 2013, 10:01

I wonder if the Redmatica tech made it in? Anybody know?
http://www.bobbysbackingtracks.com/
Logic 9.1.8 Imac 3.4 i7...12gb ram...10.7.5 .Apogee ensemble...various 3rd party plugs

OneOhm

Post by OneOhm » 16 Jul 2013, 10:08

mauisun wrote:I wonder if the Redmatica tech made it in? Anybody know?

Don't think so...I did not see anything in the manual about an 'EXS upgrade'.

One Ohm

stringtapper
Site Supporter

Post by stringtapper » 16 Jul 2013, 10:19

OneOhm wrote:I don't know...update vs. upgrade? How is it an upgrade if you never bought Logic before? I'm sure it's great whatever you call it...I would've liked to see of some sort of path...Is it that all app store prices are 'upgrade' prices now? cool! so prices should continue to go down as user base keeps going up. right? I don't see that this time...
Calling decimal point versions updates and full number versions upgrades is common with software.

But it's true that now Apple has gone to the App Store model there really aren't upgrades anymore. It's just "the new version". And yes, Apple reduced the price so that each new version is priced comparable to what the upgrade prices were in the past.

However, I see no… logic in your statement about the price going down as the user base goes up. When has that ever happened with software? :scratch: Maybe with a group buy?

Logic is hands down the cheapest DAW on the market when you consider all of the content you get.

I guess people will always find something to complain about.
Unsound Designer

OneOhm

Post by OneOhm » 16 Jul 2013, 10:37

stringtapper wrote:I guess people will always find something to complain about.

I was wondering how long until that comment popped up...there are a few more I am awaiting...

One Ohm

stringtapper
Site Supporter

Post by stringtapper » 16 Jul 2013, 11:10

Flex Pitch in the track editor is :o

Pretty much like having Melodyne Essentials from what I can tell.
Unsound Designer