Logic X is out!!!

Discussion of Apple Logic Pro, MainStage, GarageBand and all related applications
stringtapper
Site Supporter

Re: Logic X is out!!!

Post by stringtapper » 17 Jul 2013, 14:09

G wrote:Without scouring the manual yet, I haven't found a CPU meter or the old low-latency "perform" mode.
Regarding the CPU meter, you can show it by clicking on the left side of the bars/beats display (icon of an eighth note and a metronome) and choosing "Custom." Fine tune the display by right-clicking on the Control Bar and choosing "Customize Control Bar and Display…".
Unsound Designer

OneOhm

Post by OneOhm » 18 Jul 2013, 23:27

Nice UI and workflow is very welcoming. There are UI bugs and I had a crash today. I need more time with it.
https://soundcloud.com/nervenickels

One Ohm

"Disclaimer: If the liberty to express oneself is not highly valued, there is no problem: freedom of expression is simply curtailed in favor of other values." -plato

OneOhm

Post by OneOhm » 19 Jul 2013, 01:59

"early adopters" ? ha lol...i don't think so... :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/nervenickels

One Ohm

"Disclaimer: If the liberty to express oneself is not highly valued, there is no problem: freedom of expression is simply curtailed in favor of other values." -plato

funkyappledog

Post by funkyappledog » 19 Jul 2013, 03:31

Q.
I really liked "configure track header" and turning off the Icons and all sorts of stuff,
Is this aborted ,

A
Found under the Track menu .silly me !!

integration

Post by integration » 19 Jul 2013, 05:39

Thanks for the info so far guys. Any improvements to Space Designer? New impulses etc?

G
Owner/Admin
Twitter: glenngutierrez

Post by G » 19 Jul 2013, 06:19

stringtapper wrote:
G wrote:Without scouring the manual yet, I haven't found a CPU meter or the old low-latency "perform" mode.
Regarding the CPU meter, you can show it by clicking on the left side of the bars/beats display (icon of an eighth note and a metronome) and choosing "Custom." Fine tune the display by right-clicking on the Control Bar and choosing "Customize Control Bar and Display…".
A-ha! Thanks. And double-clicking the CPU bar still opens up a floating display with more detail (per-core meters and disk I/O). Too bad the customization pane drops right down over what you're customizing, but oh well. :)

And now I'm seeing the Low Latency "speedometer" button right there in the Control Bar. I swear it wasn't there before. Actually, the first time I ran X, most of the menu items were grayed out, too. Re-launch fixed all.
Screen Shot 2013-07-19 at 6.17.00 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . UA Apollo x6 + Quad . macOS Catalina . Logic Pro X . TwistedWave . FCPX . PS CC . Affinity Suite . Get Info

funkyappledog

Post by funkyappledog » 19 Jul 2013, 19:08

Bounce Question
Where is the tick box for sending an MP3 bounce straight to iTunes ?
Or How do we do this now ??

stringtapper
Site Supporter

Post by stringtapper » 19 Jul 2013, 21:52

File>Share>To iTunes…
Unsound Designer

funkyappledog

Post by funkyappledog » 20 Jul 2013, 05:15

Cheers , but thats no way good
How does that work with naming too ?
If i make mix " Song Name V2.X.....
The old way it was one bounce of version X and it was also placed in Itunes automatically ( via the missing checkbox),
Also this way doesn't bounce the cycle mix region but the whole file and it is not in the logic file in iTunes just the generic song file, SUrely the old way is superior.
Hate it- that is backwards.

Another question
The downloadable content seems to be controlled by "Apple music apps content installer" but at the time of install, do we have no way to determine where we want these files to go.I don't want them on my system drive.
Is this configurable ?,
surely we can have the content where ever we wish.

Vortakahn

Post by Vortakahn » 23 Jul 2013, 14:49

So many new features! The new pitch correction software they bundled is much more intuitive that before. I enjoy making harmonies with vocal lines, and it does it very well. This is a video of it being done in Logic X. No Melodyne, just the bundled plug-in!
http://play.macprovideo.com/logic-pro-1 ... d-pitch/16
The other thing that blows me away is the ability to extract the note information from the flex pitch/time window as midi data... Awesome!!! For dynamics, the note regions have all been separated and can be gain adjusted visually, to add or subtract dynamic range.

DHR
Site Supporter

Post by DHR » 25 Jul 2013, 15:47

G wrote:
DHR wrote:Here's one... How about that 64 bit plugin list? :?
I don't think there was one. BOOM.

The 64-bit Plug-In List
http://www.macosxaudio.com/forums/viewt ... =7&t=51162
Geez, of my 7 or so go-to plugins probably half of em' won't work :roll:
Macbook, DAW, VIs, Guitars!

G
Owner/Admin
Twitter: glenngutierrez

Post by G » 25 Jul 2013, 16:54

DHR wrote:
G wrote:
DHR wrote:Here's one... How about that 64 bit plugin list? :?
I don't think there was one. BOOM.

The 64-bit Plug-In List
http://www.macosxaudio.com/forums/viewt ... =7&t=51162
Geez, of my 7 or so go-to plugins probably half of em' won't work :roll:
DHR, would you want to participate in that topic that I made just for you? Maybe post the plug-ins that do or don't work, or something? :D
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . UA Apollo x6 + Quad . macOS Catalina . Logic Pro X . TwistedWave . FCPX . PS CC . Affinity Suite . Get Info