STYLUS RMX in Logic X

Discussion of Apple Logic Pro, MainStage, GarageBand and all related applications
buddyg9

STYLUS RMX in Logic X

Post by buddyg9 » 27 Jul 2013, 15:20

ok, so i've updated my logic to Logic X and i want to install my Stylus RMX. but my new macbook pro doesn't have a cd drive. does anyone know how/if i can do this w/out the cd drive? i've tried researching it online through the Stylus website, but it's still asking me to insert a disc.

thank u!!!

G
Owner/Admin
Twitter: glenngutierrez

Re: STYLUS RMX in Logic X

Post by G » 27 Jul 2013, 15:53

Indeed, their Support Knowledgebase doesn't seem to address this. I'd wager you'll need to pick up an external DVD drive. It's not that expensive, especially compared to Stylus RMX, and you'll probably need it for other things. But you might want to give them a shout first (info@spectrasonics.net). Eric is usually very helpful.
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . UA Apollo x6 + Quad . macOS Catalina . Logic Pro X . TwistedWave . FCPX . PS CC . Affinity Suite . Get Info

buddyg9

Post by buddyg9 » 27 Jul 2013, 16:04

awesome. thanks for the advice.

G
Owner/Admin
Twitter: glenngutierrez

Post by G » 27 Jul 2013, 16:58

In fact, definitely check with Eric. For one thing, this should be in their FAQ, with fewer new Macs having an optical drive built-in (soon to be none). But I also remember that the SAGE/loop-importing app on those old discs wasn't even Intel-ready. I wonder if the main Stylus RMX installer was universal...

Worse, if I could find my installer discs, I'd be able to tell you. Now I may have to email Eric as well. :)
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . UA Apollo x6 + Quad . macOS Catalina . Logic Pro X . TwistedWave . FCPX . PS CC . Affinity Suite . Get Info

gdoubleyou

Post by gdoubleyou » 28 Jul 2013, 10:08

Apple has just the product for you, a USB powered Superdrive.

I'm planning to install a second hard drive in my MBP and picked up one of Apple's drives.

:o My early 2011 model was not compatible with the Superdrive!

:?
G-Dub

2GHz quad i7 MBP
Logic 9.1.8, LPX.0.4, OSX 10.8.5
Apollo Duo

buddyg9

Post by buddyg9 » 28 Jul 2013, 13:53

ok so i was able to install it without the discs. but now when i try to open it i get this message:

Missing element on Part 1: Default/< Please Select a Directory/Sound Check. Can't find this Element. This may be because it is not currently installed on this computer or has been moved to a different folder.

any ideas? i had a friend install the stylus on my old macbook pro so i'm learning as i go with this. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

gdoubleyou

Post by gdoubleyou » 05 Aug 2013, 11:42

Sounds like you didn't complete the install, or it's an old version?

Exactly how did you install it without an optical drive?
:?
G-Dub

2GHz quad i7 MBP
Logic 9.1.8, LPX.0.4, OSX 10.8.5
Apollo Duo