Logic X and working with GREYED regions.

Discussion of Apple Logic Pro, MainStage, GarageBand and all related applications
mauisun

Logic X and working with GREYED regions.

Post by mauisun » 02 Sep 2013, 22:47

Having a challenging time here with dropping into a workflow with regions. MIDI regions and audio regions.They seem to go in and out of being active (colored) and not active (grey).....I can figure it out.I don't know if it's a bug or something I am not getting .....I as well work with templates when I start my sessions and when I drag or import my .wav or .aiff files into the session they are greyed out as well. What am I not getting?
http://www.bobbysbackingtracks.com/
Logic 9.1.8 Imac 3.4 i7...12gb ram...10.7.5 .Apogee ensemble...various 3rd party plugs

gdoubleyou

Re: Logic X and working with GREYED regions.

Post by gdoubleyou » 03 Sep 2013, 08:38

Grey region indicates that it's muted or the track has been muted.

I'm still using the Logic 9 key commands, but it is possible that you engaged the mute command by mistake, while the region was selected.

Are you using Logic's templates, or making your own?
Do your channel strips have an output assigned?

Also do you have cycle play engaged? are the regiongs beyond the cycle range?

:?:
G-Dub

2GHz quad i7 MBP
Logic 9.1.8, LPX.0.4, OSX 10.8.5
Apollo Duo

mauisun

Post by mauisun » 03 Sep 2013, 10:11

I am aware grey means muted.I am using my own temps that worked perfectly in 9.Yes, my channel strips are all outputed correctly.Cycle is usually engaged. Maybe it's the regions beyond the cycle range. Will check! Thanks for your time G Dub!
http://www.bobbysbackingtracks.com/
Logic 9.1.8 Imac 3.4 i7...12gb ram...10.7.5 .Apogee ensemble...various 3rd party plugs

gdoubleyou

Post by gdoubleyou » 03 Sep 2013, 15:04

You may have better luck if you make new templates.

I haven't tested my old templates yet. :o :?

I'm still trying to get my head around how LPX assigns the routing in the new patches and track stacks.

8)
G-Dub

2GHz quad i7 MBP
Apollo Duo

G
Owner/Admin
Twitter: glenngutierrez

Post by G » 03 Sep 2013, 15:33

Yeah, there was so much different this time, I decided to start clean with the built-in stuff and rebuild what I like.

Re keyboard shortcuts: Not sure why they usurped B and/or Command-B (setting the left and right markers to selected regions) for the new easy editor, replacing it with Command-U, but I think it's better to get accustomed to some things in the long run. At least Command-arrows to zoom (instead of Control) make a little more sense, as per other apps... hmmm.. even if I might still drop in + and - for horizontal, too...
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . UA Apollo x6 + Quad . macOS Catalina . Logic Pro X . TwistedWave . FCPX . PS CC . Affinity Suite . Get Info

gdoubleyou

Post by gdoubleyou » 03 Sep 2013, 16:24

G wrote:Yeah, there was so much different this time, I decided to start clean with the built-in stuff and rebuild what I like.

Re keyboard shortcuts: Not sure why they usurped B and/or Command-B (setting the left and right markers to selected regions) for the new easy editor, replacing it with Command-U, but I think it's better to get accustomed to some things in the long run. At least Command-arrows to zoom (instead of Control) make a little more sense, as per other apps... hmmm.. even if I might still drop in + and - for horizontal, too...
Did you go with the new key commands?
I was lost, and disoriented and reloaded my LP9 key commands.

Maybe in the future.

8)
G-Dub

2GHz quad i7 MBP
Apollo Duo

G
Owner/Admin
Twitter: glenngutierrez

Post by G » 03 Sep 2013, 16:35

gdoubleyou wrote:Did you go with the new key commands?
I was lost, and disoriented and reloaded my LP9 key commands.
I actually did. It would be easy to go with my set from Logic 9, but I don't want to miss any new features. Of course, this places some trust that the old Emagic crew have a good plan for everything.

I still re-set a few things for my personal workflow, like keypad - and + to jump to left and right locators, [ and ] to adjust "format" or whatever it's called now, etc., but in those cases I investigate if they had been set to something new, take a look at that new thing, decide I'll rarely use new thing and don't need a key for it, and boom, done. :)

G
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . UA Apollo x6 + Quad . macOS Catalina . Logic Pro X . TwistedWave . FCPX . PS CC . Affinity Suite . Get Info