Logic Air= GarageBand

Discussion of Apple Logic Pro, MainStage, GarageBand and all related applications
gdoubleyou

Logic Air= GarageBand

Post by gdoubleyou » 24 Oct 2013, 11:53

As an inducement to download OS10.9 Apple is also giving away the iLife and iWork suites.

And very LPX-like version of GarageBand http://www.apple.com/mac/garageband/

:o :? 8)
G-Dub

2GHz quad i7 MBP
Logic 9.1.8, LPX.0.4, OSX 10.8.5
Apollo Duo

G
Owner/Admin
Twitter: glenngutierrez

Re: Logic Air= GarageBand

Post by G » 24 Oct 2013, 13:36

Kinda sorta. The apps are free as updates, or if you buy a new Mac or iOS device. So if you didn't own the apps last week, you won't necessarily get them for free if you update to Mavericks today. (There may be "up to date" wiggle room on a recently purchased Mac, not sure.)

I do like the trickle-down effect. I was just reading that the new iMovie can use FCPX effects plug-ins made in Motion. That's pretty awesome for iMovie. And the bottom line for all of this: Yet another great reason to buy a Mac.
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . UA Apollo x6 + Quad . macOS Catalina . Logic Pro X . TwistedWave . FCPX . PS CC . Affinity Suite . Get Info

mfritze

Post by mfritze » 24 Oct 2013, 18:41

Well, every Mac user that can run Mavericks at least received iLife with the Mac and therefore gets a free update. GarageBand is actually not a free update, but a new - free for everybody - product. The $4.99 in-app purchase only gives you access to a lot of content that didn't exist in older GB versions to begin with.

G
Owner/Admin
Twitter: glenngutierrez

Post by G » 24 Oct 2013, 18:43

Ah true! I was thinking of iWorks, specifically.
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . UA Apollo x6 + Quad . macOS Catalina . Logic Pro X . TwistedWave . FCPX . PS CC . Affinity Suite . Get Info