Live audio split to channels via velocity...?

Discussion of Apple Logic Pro, MainStage, GarageBand and all related applications
markoos

Live audio split to channels via velocity...?

Post by markoos » 01 Apr 2014, 11:01

Can anyone help with this please? I'm on Logic Pro 8 and to be honest I've never spent much time in the environment - but I don't think I can avoid it this time, due to what it is I'm about to ask...

Basically I want to mic up some hand percussion. (check)

I want to stream the audio through something like resochord or other input enabled instrument/FX. (check)

I want maybe six instances of resochord over six channels with different effects on each channel. (check)

Each channel should only respond to a certain velocity range, so as I play dynamically, different channels with their own effects chains/instruments are triggered by the different velocities that I'm playing. (err…)

Does this make sense? Basically whatever trigger instrument I play is going to be transmogrified as the live audio is sent automagically through these different channels.

Does that make any sense, have I explained that I want my live audio to be f'ed up according to my velocity?
"...there's only 45 degrees between the Zombie and the Hitler..." Me, Saturday night, in front of the speakers.

Vacheto

Re: Live audio split to channels via velocity...?

Post by Vacheto » 15 Apr 2014, 13:40

Hi,
It can be done via the Logic X Toolkit PRO environment Channel Switcher tool. It can be controlled via Key Switches or Program Change messages. It is not hard to patch a Transformer before that tool which can transform the Velocity Zones into Program Change messages for example.
The toolkit is designed for Logic X (you are on L8). No problem I have developed a Logic 8 and L9 Channel Switcher version in the pass. You can use the Contacts in the Audiogrocery site to contact me so I can provide a special L8 release.

Regards
A.G
http://www.audiogrocery.com