Dumbest question ever? (maybe)

Discussion of Apple Logic Pro, MainStage, GarageBand and all related applications
mauisun

Dumbest question ever? (maybe)

Post by mauisun » 27 May 2015, 02:56

Been a Logic user for many moons and I can't figure this one out for the heck of me.......Why (In the arrange page) when my regions and tracks are all labeled the same and correctly to my liking, the names don't correspond and show up the same (titles/names) in the mixer view? This bugs me in the biggest way. I usually have to manually re-type in the same names for each channel strip in the mixer. What am I missing here? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
http://www.bobbysbackingtracks.com/
Logic 9.1.8 Imac 3.4 i7...12gb ram...10.7.5 .Apogee ensemble...various 3rd party plugs

mauisun

Re: Dumbest question ever? (maybe)

Post by mauisun » 30 May 2015, 06:28

Seems like this forum is a kinda sleepy and not what it used to be. Oh well , thanks anyways.
http://www.bobbysbackingtracks.com/
Logic 9.1.8 Imac 3.4 i7...12gb ram...10.7.5 .Apogee ensemble...various 3rd party plugs

G
Owner/Admin
Twitter: glenngutierrez

Re: Dumbest question ever? (maybe)

Post by G » 30 May 2015, 16:36

If I grok your question, it's probably because mixer channels don't always align with arrangement tracks 1:1. I agree that it might be handy when creating a new one, that the first name entered just copied over somehow, but the "logic" of that might not be possible.

Many forums are getting routed by social media and, at least here, fewer problems in the studio. I get people directly asking questions of our Twitter and Facebook accounts on occasion, as if I could/would personally solve every issue. I encourage them to ask on the forum. It never happens. They probably just ask someone else on Twitter and Facebook (or already have). I also see new user's questions get answered here, but the OP never returns to read it. Maybe that's a priority of Snapchat over email notifications, or some disconnect between the email and a mobile version of the forum, but it's a strange one. The folks who make phpBB aren't exactly helping by adding modern features at a glacial pace. All of this has, however, been on my mind.
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . UA Apollo x6 + Quad . macOS Catalina . Logic Pro X . TwistedWave . FCPX . PS CC . Affinity Suite . Get Info