Pitch or Key Change audio track

Discussion of Ableton Live and exclusive effects, hardware or instruments

Postby bassiclybass » Fri, 23 Apr 2010 2:48 pm

I have this mp 3 audio trk. that i want to change the pitch...How do i do that? Thank you for your time!!
bassiclybass

Postby bassiclybass » Fri, 23 Apr 2010 2:49 pm

I have this mp 3 audio trk. that i want to change the pitch...How do i do that? Thank you for your time!!
bassiclybass

Change Key of Inputted MP-3

Postby bassiclybass » Fri, 23 Apr 2010 2:52 pm

Hi! I want to change the key of a mp3 audio track i have .....How do ya do it? Thank you for your time!!!
bassiclybass

Re: Pitch or Key Change audio track

Postby G » Fri, 23 Apr 2010 3:03 pm

Posts merged. Please don't cross-post the same question on multiple parts of the forum. It actually makes replies and follow-ups more difficult.

With full program audio like a mixed song, you don't have many options. You'll either need to speed up or slow down the file, which will also change the tempo, or use a pitch shifter which will leave the tempo alone but will likely cause audio artifacts. How important is quality? How far do you need to change the pitch up or down?
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . Radeon Pro 460 . UA Apollo Twin DUO . macOS Sierra . Logic . FCP . Get Info
G
Owner/Admin

Postby bassiclybass » Sat, 24 Apr 2010 8:21 am

oh yeah? quality fairly important to my ears, but then again i would use this for live performance so maybe not so important....thanx
bassiclybass

Postby bassiclybass » Sat, 24 Apr 2010 8:31 am

sorry for cross posting ..i just replied and it didnt show up so sorry again .......i need to transpose a full band 2 trk on a mp3 down to fit vocal range for a live gig so dont how much know but maybe as mush as 2 full steps.....if not logic than maybe someone knows of some other mac based software that can do this? thanx again and sorry if it dbl posts again
bassiclybass

Postby ottoman42a » Sat, 24 Apr 2010 9:24 am

You can do it in Logic but you are going to hear tons of artifacts if it is two full steps. You are best off trying to get a hold of the original recording of the track and do itwith each peice.
Have fun,
=Matt

Ottoble

"What's past is prologue" - Antonio
"...silence is not acoustic. It is a change of mind, a turning around." - John Cage
ottoman42a
Site Supporter

Return to Live