Export EXS - Instrument in Surround doesn't work ??!!

Discussion of KeyMap, AutoSampler, ProManager and all related Redmatica applications
julian06

Export EXS - Instrument in Surround doesn't work ??!!

Post by julian06 » 17 Jun 2012, 03:18

Hey There,

I try still around 10 hours to get this work.

Here is what I've done:

I have a recording of a Tom exported from Logic in Surround (so the Surround-format is L R C LFE Ls Rs). I imported it into keymap, where it is shown as the correct surround file. Here I made the looping and Keyrelease with two different layers and two different groups (one for the sound-loop, one for the release). Evereything works great till here now comes the exporting. I tried to export it just the way it was setup, so I exported it with the Standart-Bus. Keymap now created a stereofile, this means the EXS - Player also plays just two channels out of the six. I tried also to export it with the Channel Map where I tried to route the channels to 6-11, now Keymap creates 6 mono Channels, which are not correctly named with something like blabla.L.wav etc, this means the EXS - Player don't realise there is a surroundfile, that should be played. Now I looked into the EXS - Player itself and found all files are loaded, but not correctly mapped. When I rename the files with the surround-relevant extensions like blabla.L.wav etc, EXS can't find the samples, so I whould have to reconnect every single file in the EXS - Player.
The next thing I tried was to create a Surroundpatch in EXS - Player itself and modify it with Keymap using the linked function in the EXS - Player itself. Here the Sample shows up correctly in Keymap, BUT when I transfair it back to EXS there is exactly the same problem, means there are only two channels played.

Any ideas?! What is the normal workflow for that?
I'm using Keymap Version 2.3.20!! I also tried keymap on different systems, but it's always the same.

I'm happy about any hints!!!
Thanks
Julian