MidiPipe FAQ

Audio, MIDI and other software, not including effects or instruments

Re: MidiPipe FAQ

Postby jlascotty » Sun, 10 Apr 2016 5:28 pm

Hi all,

Hopefully people are still checking this part of the forum!

I would like some technical help if possible using Midi-Pipe. I'd like to see if anyone is able to code this using the Apple Script.

I'm trying to find a cheap way of adapting the PRESONUS STUDIOLIVE 16.0.2 and give it some broadcast mixer capabilities.
It has some midi ports on the back (which hopefully sends out info on fader positions). If so I'd like to use that information to create a trigger to mute studio speakers when ANY of the first 4 fader positions are above absolute zero ∞.

The end result would be the cc information converted into note on info which is sent to this box here...http://www.canford.co.uk/Products/42-68 ... S-SWITCHER

I've made a start on the coding using testing I've done on pro tools (this has not been tested at all with the mixer). All I've managed to do is get it to send a note for each individual fader. I need it to be more cleverly coded so the script knows where each fader position is and cuts the speakers when any of the first 4 faders are up and unmutes them when the first 4 faders are down.

on runme(message)
tell application "Finder"
if (item 1 of message = 176) and (item 2 of message = 0) and (item 3 of message >0) then tell application "MidiPipe" to MIDISend toPort "MidiPipe AppleScript Input" withData (144, 39, 100)
if (item 1 of message = 176) and (item 2 of message = 0) and (item 3 of message = 0) then tell application "MidiPipe" to MIDISend toPort "MidiPipe AppleScript Input" withData (144, 41, 127)
if (item 1 of message = 176) and (item 2 of message = 1) and (item 3 of message >0) then tell application "MidiPipe" to MIDISend toPort "MidiPipe AppleScript Input" withData (144, 39, 100)
if (item 1 of message = 176) and (item 2 of message = 1) and (item 3 of message = 0) then tell application "MidiPipe" to MIDISend toPort "MidiPipe AppleScript Input" withData (144, 41, 127)
if (item 1 of message = 176) and (item 2 of message = 2) and (item 3 of message >0) then tell application "MidiPipe" to MIDISend toPort "MidiPipe AppleScript Input" withData (144, 39, 100)
if (item 1 of message = 176) and (item 2 of message = 2) and (item 3 of message = 0) then tell application "MidiPipe" to MIDISend toPort "MidiPipe AppleScript Input" withData (144, 41, 127)
if (item 1 of message = 176) and (item 2 of message = 3) and (item 3 of message >0) then tell application "MidiPipe" to MIDISend toPort "MidiPipe AppleScript Input" withData (144, 39, 100)
if (item 1 of message = 176) and (item 2 of message = 3) and (item 3 of message = 0) then tell application "MidiPipe" to MIDISend toPort "MidiPipe AppleScript Input" withData (144, 41, 127)
end tell
end runme

Thanks for anyone who can help me on this - happy to be told its impossible if it is.

Cheers
jlascotty

Postby s73as » Thu, 18 May 2017 8:47 am

Hi! Here's a spanish tutorial for MIDI Pipe and Logic, hope you like it!!

Hola! Acá hay un tutorial en español sobre MIDI Pipe y Logic, espero que les guste!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qRbcFu461E
s73as

Postby techmon88 » Tue, 01 Aug 2017 12:54 pm

Hello,

I am trying to do the following example with MidiPipe:

To map the C5 key on my midi keyboard, upon pressing it, to play both a C3 and C5 simultaneously, but to have C5 trigger several milliseconds after C3.

I got MidiPipe to have a C5 key play both a C3 and C5 simultaneously using Remap. However I need that several milliseconds delay until C3 is "pressed" ...
is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Shawn
techmon88

Previous

Return to Applications