Sibelius 6, the latest version of the world’s best-selling music notation software, is now available from Avid. Designed for educators, students, composers, arrangers, copyists and musicians of all kinds, Sibelius 6 is as simple and intuitive to use as a pen, yet so powerful that it does most things in the blink of an eye. The new version includes hundreds of improvements, including many innovative new features never before seen in notation software.
The new features in Sibelius 6 include:
– Magnetic Layout takes care of almost every detail of score layout for you, automatically. As you write, it gives everything just the right amount of space and avoids collisions — producing beautiful results. This one feature cuts the time taken to prepare a score by up to half.
– Live Tempo lets you conduct the playback of your score by tapping a key on your computer keyboard, MIDI keyboard or foot pedal. Sibelius follows your beat just like a real orchestra does: you can subdivide your beat to slow down, beat once per bar in fast tempos, and hold as long as you like at pauses, all without marking up the score in advance.
– Versions keeps track of revisions to your score, lets you look back at earlier versions of it, and see what changes were made since. Add sticky note-style comments to your score as reminders for yourself, or for others. Compare two versions of the same score, or even two separate scores, and see the differences color-coded in the score.
– Sibelius Sounds Essentials, the included sample library, is better than ever and now requires no set-up thanks to the integrated technology from AIR. The new Sibelius Player allows Sibelius to play back up to 128 channels simultaneously (depending on computer power) with real-time effects including convolution reverb. Sibelius even loads the samples required for playback in the background, so you can edit your score while the sounds load.
– ReWire support allows you to sync Sibelius playback with Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, GarageBand, and more.
– Classroom Control enables teachers to instantly send scores to every classroom computer, temporarily lock student computers to attract their attention, and gather in all student files at the end of a class.
– Keyboard and Fretboard windows allow you to input notes by clicking on keys or frets, or play your computer’s QWERTY keyboard like a piano. These beautiful, resize-able windows are also ideal for students learning notation.
– Professional engraving improvements include the most flexible and controllable slurs of any notation program, automatic stemlets, feathered beams, note-attached arpeggio lines, automatic cautionary accidentals, and intelligently positioned jazz articulations.
And more! Learn more at www.sibelius.com/6.
Sibelius 6 on the Mac requires OS X 10.4.9 or Mac OS X 10.5 or later, a DVD-ROM drive, and 3.5GB of hard disk space. 2GB or more RAM recommended.
Discuss Sibelius 6 in our Sibelius forum.