Why use one tap when you can use one hundred? Intelligent Devices has just debuted a new multi-tap delay plug-in, and it is aptly named MegaDelayMass.
MegaDelayMass creates up to 100 separate delay taps that can be either rigidly time synched or completely randomized. Go from vocoderish resonation to unusual, non-linear, reverby sounds. Control the volume of the head of the delay or the tail. Randomize panning. Control randomized “clumping” through a logarithmic curve.
Use MegaDelayMass as a non-linear room simulator (especially if you’re a fan of pre-delay). Affect the phase of individual taps. Add a regenerative delay that only plays back the sound of the taps and can be placed anywhere over 2000 ms with control over its own feedback and phase.
- Quickly create and control an army of delay taps
- Put them in mathematical order for resonant and tube like results
- Use randomization and log patterns to create dense and rich trails
- Create sweeping or alternating panning patterns for stereo or bounce trails
- Control individual tap phases as a percentage
- Automate the parameters with your favorite host software to “play” a dynamic resonator
MegaDelayMass is available now as a direct download from Intelligent Devices. It will work fully for 8 days before requiring purchase ($49) for continued use.
The Mac version of MegaDelayMass is available as a VST plug-in, and requires PACE drivers for copy protection, either via challenge and response or iLok.
Discuss MegaDelayMass in our Effects forum.