XILS-lab, a new music software company, is proud to announce its first product. The XILS 3 is a new matrix-style virtual modular synthesizer. Based on the architecture of the legendary EMS VCS3 synth, the XILS 3 is capable of creating both ‘classic’ sounds and totally new ones.
The XILS 3‘s matrix design is capable of more than 450 connection permutations, offering more routing possibilities than any other commercially available virtual synthesizer.
In addition, a built-in sequencer, based on the EMS 256 sequencer, can be used to create original and complex sequences.
The XILS 3 comes with hundreds of presets that provide instant access to a broad range of sounds and styles ranging from modern electronica to classic 1970s retro and experimental. You can also program it yourself to create your own unique sounds.
The XILS 3 offers:
- Three aliasing-free oscillators: sine, ramp, square, triangle
- One 2/4 poles low pass filter (a 3 pole self-oscillating mode is also planned)
- One envelope, based on two different designs, trapezoid and ADSR
- One spring reverb
- One ring modulator
- One 128 steps sequencer
- Two output static filters
- One joy stick
- Three connection matrix
- One input gate
- One input envelope follower
- One pitch tracker
- One transient tracker
- Mono/Unison/Polyphonic playing mode, up to 18 voices of polyphony
- All parameters MIDI controllable
- Many presets made by famous sound designers (Kevin Lamb, Chris Pitman, Cliff Douse, to name but a few)
The Mac version of the XILS 3 requires OSX 10.3.9 or later. It comes in VST, Audio Unit, and RTAS (Protools 7.0 and later) flavors.
The XILS 3 is now available for purchase direct from XILS-lab.
Discuss the XILS 3 in our Instruments forum.