Today Apogee introduced GiO, an audio interface and foot controller for the Mac, designed to work seamlessly with Apple’s new Logic Studio and GarageBand ’09. Powered by USB and built into a rugged aluminum case, GiO gives guitar players hands-free control over recording and many new features in Logic Studio, including Amp Designer, Pedalboard, MainStage 2, Playback and Loopback. GiO is also plug-and-play with GarageBand ’09 making it easy for GarageBand users to connect their guitar to their Mac and control recording functions and stompbox effects with their feet.
“Our Mac-only focus has allowed us to offer highly refined, innovative products, and give our customers an incredible experience.” said Betty Bennett, CEO of Apogee. “With GiO, users of the new Logic Studio and GarageBand ’09 have amps, stompboxes, recording control and legendary Apogee sound right at their feet, whether they’re in the studio, at home, or on stage.”
GiO’s instrument input is specially designed for guitar and the 1/4” stereo output offers a true Apogee listening experience. GiO’s five transport control buttons let guitar players record, play, stop and quickly navigate through a project without taking their hands off their guitar. The same buttons can be assigned to functions selected by the user with MainStage 2, Apple’s live performance application. Guitar players can use the five stompbox buttons to individually control their favorite Pedalboard effects in Logic Studio while GiO’s color indicators automatically adjust to match the colors displayed onscreen.
Features and Specifications:
- Unbalanced 1/4” high impedance instrument input
- 1/4” MIDI Expression pedal input
- Line-level, 1/4” stereo output for headphones, powered monitors or an instrument amplifier
- A/D and D/A conversion @ 44.1/48kHz, 24-bit
- 5 Stompbox buttons, dynamically color coded to match software effects
- 5 Transport control buttons, dynamically lit when engaged
- 2 “Previous/Next” preset selection buttons
- Control built into Apple’s GarageBand ’09, Logic Pro 9, and MainStage 2 software
- Computer: Mac, with an Intel or PowerPC G5 processor
- Memory: 1 GB minimum of installed RAM, 2 GB recommended
- OS: 10.5.7 or greater
- Apple’s GarageBand ’09, Logic Pro 9, MainStage 2, Logic Express 9
- Connection and Power: USB, powered by any available USB port on the computer
GiO will be available in September 2009 for $395.
Discuss Gio in our Hardware forum.