Cakewalk has announced the immediate availability of a new Mac Support update for the V-Studio 20, enabling the VS-20 hardware and Effects Editor to be used with all popular Mac-based recording software titles. The update provides Mac users with all the benefits of recording with the V-Studio 20 COSM guitar and vocal effects; and use of the V-Studio 20 hardware as dedicated universal DAW controller. Additionally, both GarageBand and Logic can be further integrated into the V-Studio 20 system using the included custom control surface plug-in included in this update.
The compact V-Studio 20 hardware combines a USB audio interface, stereo microphones, and a basic universal DAW controller that supports all popular digital recording software for Mac/PC via Mackie control protocol. The V-Studio 20 matches the simplicity of a portable, hardware recording system with the power, flexibility, and control of modern computer-based recording. Whether you’re at home or on the road, you can easily connect a guitar or mic to the VS-20 hardware, then dial up genuine BOSS guitar effects and Roland’s breakthrough COSM modeling.
VS-20 Hardware Features
- Stereo USB 24 bit, 44.1 kHz Audio Interface
- Genuine COSM DSP Chip providing zero-latency direct monitoring
- Eight dedicated channels with volume and track select
- Track bank controls
- Full Transport Controls
- One-touch access to the VS-20 Effects Editor
- One-touch access to the chromatic tuner in the VS-20 Effects Editor
- Controls for browsing presets in the VS-20 Effects Editor
- Input selection and input sensitivity controls
- Dedicated volume controls for DAW output, VS-20 Effects and Main Outs
- XLR Mic Input with Phantom Power
- Hi-Z Instrument Input
- 1/4″ Stereo Line Inputs
- Built-in Stereo Microphone
- 1/4″ Headphone Output
- Stereo RCA Line Out
- Two independent 1/4″ Footswitch and Expression Pedal jacks
The free V-Studio 20 Mac Support update includes:
- OS X 10.5 & 10.6 (Snow Leopard) drivers for the V-Studio 20 hardware (Mackie Universal Control)
- OS X 10.5 & 10.6 (Snow Leopard) support for the COSM effects Editor
- Plug-in for GarageBand and Logic to allow control surface support
The V-Studio 20 Mac Support Update for OS X 10.5 & 10.6 (Snow Leopard) is available as a free download from the Cakewalk website.
Discuss the V-Studio 20 in our Effects forum.