Audio Pluggers is pleased to announce the release of K-Meter beta, a level-metering software plug-in. By using the K-System and K-Meter, audio engineers can ensure that their mixes reproduce accurately on a variety of playback systems, from theaters to MP3 players. K-Meter’s perceived loudness meter models the ear’s sensitivity to different frequencies, giving you a much more accurate indication of loudness than conventional meters. Combine this with the ability to detect inter-sample peaks, and you can be confident that your mixes are of the highest quality.
Audio Pluggers is a new software company focused on providing audio engineers with quality tools that improve their workflows and eliminate overhead. Driven by the desire to invest in R&D while providing excellent customer service, Audio Pluggers aims to be a source of trusted solutions amongst audio professionals.
- Built from the ground up around the K-System.
- Upsampled (up to 4 times) peak detection that discovers inter-sample peaks.
- RMS and LKFS (ITU-R BS.1770-1) meters. LKFS meters model perceived loudness, taking into account the ear’s sensitivity to different frequencies.
- High quality pink noise generator for monitor calibration.
- Clip indicators with user controlled clip sensitivity.
- Supports 32-bit and 64-bit DAWs.
- SIMD optimizations that utilize AltiVec and SSE when available.
K-Meter is available in AU and VST 2.4 plug-in formats, compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit DAWs on Intel and PPC processors. K-Meter requires Mac OS X v10.5.7 or greater.
K-Meter will be available for $50 when released; however, the beta version is available immediately for the reduced price of $25.
Discuss K-Meter on our Effects forum.