Oli Larkin has released Endless Series version 3, a unique synthesis and effect plug-in based on the Shepard Tone auditory illusion. It generates mind bending infinite scales, psychedelic drones and fascinating sonic textures and works as a tone generator, a ring modulator, phaser, flanger or resonant filter bank effect.
- VST2 / Audio Unit plug-in based on the Shepard Tone auditory illusion
- Additive tone generator with up to 40 partials
- Circular pitch ring modulator, flanger, filter and 24 stage – phaser FX
- Glissando, auto-stepped and MIDI stepped modes
- Many options to tweak harmonicity and timbre
- Stereo detune, phase offset and auto-panning
- Quantize pitches to 14 different scales
- Soft clipping, extra harmonics and noise modulation
- Fast ASR amplitude envelope in MIDI stepped mode
- MIDI reset-able for repeatable output
- Integrated help system
- 32 high quality factory presets
Endless Series version 3 is completely rewritten in C++ and no longer requires Pluggo runtime. The functionality of the version 2 plug-ins is now all in one plug-in!
On the Mac, Endless Series requires OS X Leopard (10.5) or higher, an Intel processor and a 32-bit or 64-bit VST 2.4 or Audio Unit host.
Endless Series is available via direct download from Oli Larkin for £29.99 (around $50). A trial version is also available, which mutes itself every 60 seconds.
Discuss Endless Series on our Effects forum.