Redwirez has announced the release of mixIR2, a high performance, zero latency convolution plug-in. mixIR2 allows you to mix multiple IRs with minimal fuss and no loss of performance as you stack IRs. Mix mics, cabinets, reverb, EQ curves, and more with ease at levels of performance unrivaled by any other convolution plug-in.
With mixIR2, you won’t have to wrestle with busses, sends and the overhead of running multiple plug-ins just to capture your typical two mic recording setup. Throw in a room mic or two, some reverb, a dash of EQ, or reproduce a tube amp’s interaction with your cabinet of choice, all with IRs and all with no performance penalty and no complicated routing strategies in your audio workstation.
You can mix IRs in parallel which is useful when mixing multiple mic positions. You can pan IRs left or right in the stereo field. You can run an IR in serial, which is great for EQ or adding room reverb when used in conjunction with the ability to set a wet/dry mix ratio for each IR. If it sounds powerful, that’s because it is. If it sounds a little confusing, it’s not. Load a preset and start twiddling some knobs, you’ll get the hang of it, “tout de suite”.
Features at a Glance
- Efficient, no-nonsense, drag-and-drop IR browser
- Zero latency, so it adds no delay to the signal
- Run one IR or 30 with the same unmatched performance
- FAST – Lets you run more plug-ins
- Powerful internal routing allows you to mix IRs without messing with busses and sends
- Mix IRs in stereo with pan controls
- Upload, download, share and rate presets on redwirez.com
- 32/64-bit Mac VST and AU, 32-bit Windows VST (RTAS and Win64 support on the way)
- Simple authorization process. We like to keep our dongles to ourselves, thank you
- Neve 1073 EQ impulse responses included
According to Redwirez, mixIR2 outperforms every other plug-in tested by at least 20% (less CPU utilization) when running a single IR. When it comes to mixing multiple IRs, no other plug-in comes close because, run 1 IR or 30, it doesn’t matter. You get the same stellar performance with zero latency. Zero latency means mixIR2 doesn’t add delay to the signal.
On the Mac, mixIR2 requires OS X 10.5 or later in 32-bit mode. On OS X 10.6 or later, the AU and VST plug-in will also run in 64-bit mode.
mixIR2 is available now for free when you buy the Redwirez BIGBox IR bundle, which is currently available as a direct download from Redwirez for $125.