PTC-2A Program EQ is OverTone’s debut software plug-in for the Mac. Inspired by the classic Pultec Program Equalizer and modelled using measured data and schematics from genuine hardware, using algorithms originally developed for the linuxDSP PEQ-2A, the PTC-2A is an affordable emulation of one of the most sought-after vintage EQs.
- Separate LF Boost and Attenuate Controls — Simultaneous low frequency boost and cut, emulating the classic Pultec “Low-end trick.”
- Physical Control Weighting — Replicates the feel as well as the look of high quality rotary controls.
- Passive Filters — 6dB / Octave passive filter emulation maintains the smooth frequency response and desirable control interaction of the original vintage designs.
- Transformer-coupled gain stage — Similar to the original Pultec EQs, the passive filters are followed by a transformer-coupled tube amplifier stage which further enhances the vintage qualities.
- De-cramped Mid-Range Filter — Innovative DSP technology models the behaviour of an analogue peak filter more closely than conventional digital algorithms, even at low sample rates.
On the Mac, PTC-2A Program EQ requires OS X 10.5 or later and an Audio Unit (cocoa UI) compatible host application.
PTC-2A Program EQ is available via direct download from OverTone for £30. An introductory discount cuts the price by 50% through November 2012. A free trial download is also available.