Sound Radix has released Pi, an innovative, multi-channel phase interactions mixer plug-in. Pi works to improve the summing of a DAW or a mixer. It dynamically minimizes frequency cancellations between instruments within the mix, and brings back the lost depth and focus lost when overlapping frequencies collide.
Good phase relationships between mixer tracks are key to a great sounding mix. Normally, where mixer channels are summed into a single stereo mix bus, instruments overlap and interact with each-other across frequency range and phase position.
Often, a bass track can be temporarily out-of-phase with the kick or rhythm guitar tracks, and when summed into a mix, end up canceling each other in the overlapping frequency range, causing a temporary “hole” in the low end. Similarly, a snare track may end up sounding thin in a mix when the toms’ resonance is out of phase with the snare.
Designed to enhance any mix, Pi dynamically rotates the phase of the individual mixer channels to achieve maximum phase correlation within the mix. Pi minimizes negative interaction and significantly improves the overall sound of the mix.
- Groundbreaking, true multi-channel engine, dynamically optimizes phase relationships between mix channels for optimal sounding mix
- Three-mode track grouping for enhanced related instruments and multi-mic setup phase correlation optimization
- Full Range and Low Frequency global optimization modes
- Four mode multi-channel phase correlation display, enables a unique view of the phase relationships within the mix
- Internal, inter-channel sample accurate routing—no complicated side-chaining required
- Available in VST, RTAS and AU formats, in 32 and 64 bits where applies
On the Mac, Pi requires OS X 10.6 or higher, an Intel dual core processor running at 2 GHz or faster, 4 GB of RAM, and a compatible RTAS, AU or VST host DAW application.
Pi is available via direct download from Sound Radix at an introductory price of $180 (regularly $240) through 31 December 2012. A special introductory offer of $150 is available for current Sound Radix users in the user area.