Sonimus has announced SonEQ Pro, a brand new four-band equalizer inspired by high-end analog equalizers. SonEQ Pro incorporates the best qualities from these hardware classics into a single cohesive, yet versatile software design. As such, SonEQ Pro aims to serve as a first choice equalizer for mixing engineers of all genres.
- Improved modeling — SonEQ Pro sounds remarkably close to the analog equipment it emulates
- Refined EQ curves — Curves maintain their integrity and purity of form near the Nyquist, resulting in more analog-like sound and behavior
- Low-Band Bell Filter Switch — Transforms SonEQ Pro’s low-band into a bell filter upon engagement
- High-Cut Control — Combines a low-pass 6dB/octave with a shelf filter for soft and smooth sounding cuts
- New High-Mid Band
- Remodeled High-Pass Filter
- Low CPU Consumption
On the Mac, SonEQ Pro requires OS X 10.5 or higher, an Intel processor, and is available in VST (32/64 bit), AU (32/64 bit) and RTAS formats. The AAX platform will be released in the near future.
SonEQ Pro is available now via direct download from Sonimus for $49.