New developer Bruns & Spork GmbH has released Grooove, a unique virtual drum machine that enables the user to easily create vibrant and dynamic drum kits while making use of only two samples per drum sound.
Common drum plug-ins that rely on a multi-layer strategy, managing huge and often bulky and cumbersome libraries and kits, are a suitable tool for users that try to simulate real acoustic drums. By contrast, Grooove is aimed at beat programmers and musicians who prefer a fast, inspiring and creative approach to drum sound design. If you want to compose individual responsive drum kits of a handful samples, Grooove might become your best friend.
For each sound parameter two different ‘velocity conditions’ (Min and Max) can be set. In this way, you can determine how the basic sound you have composed on the Sample Sources tab responds to the velocity of incoming MIDI events. In other words, you set up two sound variations – one for the highest, one for the lowest velocity value – and Grooove will render the sounds for all conditions in between automatically.
- Unique ‘dualistic’ sound engine
- 49 kits featuring high-end and lo-fi sounds and a whole bunch of vintage drum machine samples
- Supported audioformats: AIFF, WAV
- Mono/stereo, 8, 16, 20 and 24-bit, 32-bit floating point
- 8 stereo audio outputs including mini mixer
- 128 Keys (Pads) capable of holding up to 2 samples each
- 11 velocity sensitive sound parameters per Key
- 8 LFOs (Low Frequency Oscillators)
- Volume and balance/pan controls on all 128 Keys
- MIDI processors: Compressor, Expander, Substract, Add, Range
- Stand-alone application has a basic MIDI file player built-in
- ‘Clues Bar’ shows available mouse and keyboard options
- Compact and effective GUI design
- True cross platform architecture & multiple host support
- Compatible with virtually all VST2, VST3 or AU hosts
On the Mac, Grooove requires OS X 10.7 or later, and dual-core CPU and a compatible AU or VST (32/64-bit) host application. Grooove also runs as a stand-alone application.
Grooove is available now via direct download from Bruns & Spork for the special intro price of €34.50, rising to €79.00 on August 1. A free trial version is also available.