Audiofile (née Audiofile Engineering) has released Loop Editor 2, a is powerful music loop editing tool developed by musicians and engineers for musicians and engineers.
Loop Editor 2 is the perfect replacement for Apple Loops Utility. It supports all audio file formats that support loop points: AIFF Apple Loops, compressed & uncompressed CAF (AIFF, AAC & Apple Lossless) Apple Loops, AIFF, WAV, W64 and ACID. Additionally, Loop Editor 2 supports forward, forward-backward, and backward looping. Loop Editor 2 is one of the only applications available which supports sustain and release loops.
Loop Editor 2 allows you to view, add, edit and export Slices. It also supports advanced property editing capabilities such as the “Genre” and “Descriptors” properties for Apple Loops files. For those of you that work with Propellerhead Reason and ReCycle, we have included our ReCycle Converter tool which converts ReCycle REX & RX2 files for use in Loop Editor 2.
- Work with all audio file formats that support Loops
- Exports AIFF Apple Loops, compressed & uncompressed CAF (AIFF, AAC & Apple Lossless) Apple Loops, AIFF, WAV, W64 and ACID
- Supports forward, forward-backward and backward looping as well as sustain and release loops
- Easily edit or add all relevant loop metadata
- Automatically add Slices with multiple beat detection methods
- Fine tune Loop boundaries with configurable crossfades
- Comprehensive AppleScript support including AppleScript recording
- Quickly convert ReCycle REX & RX2 files
- Easily diagnose and repair malformed audio files with the First Aid tool
Loop Editor 2 is built exclusively for the Mac and requires OS X 10.9 or later and a 64-bit processor. Loop Editor 2 takes advantage of the latest Mac OS X technologies including AppleScript, Multi-Touch gestures, Retina displays and Full Screen mode.
Loop Editor 2 in available via the Mac App Store at a limited-time introductory price of $29.99. The regular price is $49.99.