Glitchmachines has released Cataract, a segment multiplexer plug-in geared toward electronic music production and experimental sound design. Cataract features an arsenal of sample scanners with integrated modulation sequencers and morphing functions. This makes it possible to construct architecturally complex patterns ranging from nuanced percussive articulations to intricate particle sound effects and all out generative hyper glitch chaos.
Infinitely transform your audio files with Cataract’s extensive randomization and modulation options. Warp pitched samples into parallax melodies or redistribute loop segments into generative polyrhythms. Whether you are sculpting articulate percussion patterns for an electronic music EP or designing high-tech cyborg effects for a sci-fi game, Cataract will give your projects a unique cutting-edge twist.
- 2 monophonic scanner modules with dual sample slots
- Integrated modulation and scan sequencers
- 2 LFOs per scanner with dedicated modulation matrix
- 1 Multi-mode filter per scanner
- 1 Delay effect per scanner
- 3-Band graphic EQ per scanner
- Extensive global and per-scanner randomization tools
- Morphing section with dedicated X-MOD LFO
- Dynamic color-coded user interface
- Sample pack with over 130 new loops and 200 new sound effects
- Presets from Ivo Ivanov, Nicholas Yochum and Daed
On the Mac, Cataract requires OS X 10.7 or higher, an Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz processor, 2 GB of RAM, 1 GB of hard drive space and a VST or AU compatible DAW.
Cataract is available now via direct download from Glitchmachines for $49.