PRESS RELEASE — Montreal, Quebec — Applied Acoustics Systems announces the official release of Chromaphone 3, an all-new version of its acoustic object synthesizer for macOS and Windows.
Chromaphone 3 is a two-voice eight-physically-modeled-acoustic-resonator synthesizer with advanced editing capabilities that produce a delightful mixture of real-life presence and distinctive timbres that can’t be found anywhere else. Chromaphone 3 ships with 1000+ presets taking full advantage of its state-of-the-art acoustic object synthesis.
Here are some of Chromaphone 3’s new features:
- Home view—the Home view presents a distraction free and laid-back browsing and tweaking experience.
- Two-Voice Multitimbral—Two independent timbres—stacked or split—create performance-friendly, texture-full, and spacious sounds.
- Macros—Four performance macros per layer that respond to user-defined MIDI controls. Each and every sound features modulation, timbre, envelope, and effect morphing assignments that can be played in real-time for enhanced expressivity and sonic dimension.
- Browser—The brand-new browser offers an efficient way to home in on the right sounds thanks to the Packs, Sounds, Categories, and Creators views.
- Factory Library—Chromaphone 3’s factory library contains 421 never heard before sounds as well as refined versions of the 670+ Chromaphone 2 presets.
Eric Thibeault, product designer at Applied Acoustics Systems:
Adding depth and dimension was the name of the game for this next iteration of our favorite synthesizer. Chromaphone 3 is now bi timbral. Combining two independent Chromaphone synthesis engines opens up a whole new world in terms of content. We’ve also added per-layer macros that allow sound designers to make sound variations an integral part of the design process. Our team of top sound designers has put together a brand new factory library which exploits these new possibilities. Additionally, each and every sound was fine-tuned to provide a consistent gain-stage, unity-gain effects, better dynamics, and compelling MIDI-controlled sound transformation assignments. We’re positive that you will now enjoy Chromaphone’s distinctive sonic signature even more.
Applied Acoustics Systems Chromaphone 3 is available now for $199, with an intro price of $99 until November 20. The upgrade from Chromaphone 1 or 2 is $79, or $39 until November 20. Synth and sound packs are also on sale during the intro period. Chromaphone 3 requires macOS 10.7 or later and an AU, VST, or AAX plugin host. It also runs stand-alone and supports NKS integration.