PRESS RELEASE — Sinevibes is pleased to announce the release of Droplet v2 raindrop delay effect for Mac. It’s the third product of the company’s new plugin lineup, built on a fresh foundation that delivers many highly-requested features: availability of AU and VST3 formats, user interface size scaling up to 200%, as well as built-in functions for saving, recalling and quickly switching presets.
Droplet is a delay modeling engine for creating “raindrop delay” effects. It is based on 32 stereo delay lines connected in series via a proportional feedback system, with each delay’s time and stereo pan being randomized in order to produce a natural sound similar to water drops falling onto a surface. The wide parameter range, as well as low- or high- frequency feedback damping, allow Droplet to produce a huge variety of effects – not just its trademark raindrop delay but also lush reverb and resonator simulations. The built-in modulation oscillator adds a unique dimension and unison detune to the sound, thanks to its unique flipped-polarity routing. And thanks to the fact that the randomization seed is generated each time the plugin is loaded, just like the natural process it’s modeling, every instance of Droplet will always sound different.
What’s New In Version 2
- Newly designed user interface with size scaling up to 200%
- Added VST3 plugin format
- Added built-in preset manager
- Increased number of delay taps from 24 to 32
- Increased delay time range in both directions: from 20-80 ms to 5-200 ms
- Added control for delay time modulation frequency
- Support for any host buffer size
- More natural parameter mapping on Input, Send and Return controls
- Added all-new presets + reworked collection of all old presets
Sinevibes Droplet v2 is immediately available for $29. It is a free update for customers who already
own the previous version of Droplet. It requires macOS 10.9 or later, an AU or VST3 plugin host, and is Apple Silicon ready.