PRESS RELEASE – Grenoble, France – Arturia today released SQ80 V, a faithful & enhanced software emulation of the classic Ensoniq digital synthesizer. With a unique voice centered around the combination of waveforms and wavetables, its signature gritty sound combines digital oscillators with an emulated analog filter & amp for characterful textures ranging from edgy to ambient.
Explore hard industrial textures, hybrid lo-fi character, and thousands of unique waveform combinations in a quick-fire softsynth based on a digital ‘80s classic. SQ80 V is an instrument that’s simultaneously complex and accessible, focused and intricate, edgy and dream-like – and unlike anything you’ve heard.
An authentic hybrid
SQ80 V has been modeled to accurately reproduce the gritty yet colorful texture of its predecessor’s 8-bit DOC chip.
- 3 DOC digital oscillators
- Thousands of possible waveform combinations
- Modeled CEM analog filter & amp
- Instant modulation via LFOs, envelopes, and more
- Analog dispersion offers organic synth experience
Expertly enhanced with extra sounds, features, and functionality for modern producers
- Hundreds more waveforms added
- Additional arpeggiator, MIDI modulation, and envelope modes
- Accessible, streamlined modern workflow
- 15 built-in effects with 2 busses
- MPE compatibility
Arturia SQ80 V is available now for $199, with an introductory price of $99 until October 5. Log into your Arturia account for further possible discounts. The plugin requires macOS 10.13 or later and an AU, VST, or AAX plugin host. SQ80 V can also run as a stand-alone app.