PRESS RELEASE — Los Angeles, CA — Roland has released the TR-707 & TR-727 drum machine plugins for Roland Cloud. Since their release in 1985, the renowned TR-707 and TR-727 Rhythm Composers have been the heartbeats of tracks in a range of genres including synth pop, acid house, industrial, electro, indie, alternative, and more. Now, thanks to their Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology, you can have the authentic sound and experience of these influential drum machines right inside your DAW—with modern upgrades for your workflow.
Great care went into replicating the sound and experience of the original TR-707 and TR-727 hardware with some added modern enhancements. For the sounds, Roland started with the original PCM wave found in these classics, then using their advanced circuit modeling to recreate the PCM output stage, including all its unique quirks and instabilities. Plus, you’ll get tuning, decay, PCM clock adjustment and other parameters that aren’t present on the original units.
The updated sequencer allows you to add even more detail and nuances to your grooves. Open the sequencer’s expanded edit panel and discover individual sequencer lanes with mute, solo, and adjustable shuffle for each instrument. Per-step accent is included, and each step can trigger hard or weak hits, alternate sounds, three types of sub-steps, and nine types of flams.
- Advanced ACB modeling captures every detail of the original hardware
- Uses the original TR-707 and TR-727 sample ROMs
- Includes all sounds and patterns from the original units
- New patterns and kits for modern styles
- Get modern sounds with tuning, decay, gain, sample rate adjustment, and more
- Powerful sequencer with flams, sub-steps, last-step, and per-instrument shuffle
- Drag and drop audio or MIDI patterns directly to DAW tracks or cell
- Original and aged skins along with LCD-style sequencer windows
- Multiple outputs for flexible effects processing with plugins like ZENOLOGY FX
- VST3, AU, and AAX support for popular DAWs
- Native support for Apple silicon
Ready to drop some ‘80s-inspired beats? Sign up for a free 30-day Roland Cloud Ultimate membership trial and get unlimited access to not only the TR-707 and TR-727 but also Roland classics like the TR-808, TR-909, TR-606, and more.
Roland Cloud plugins are available via subscription plans ranging from $2.99 per month for the Core plan to $199 per year for the Ultimate plan, which includes everything. It requires macOS 10.9 or later and a 64-bit AU, VST, or AAX plugin host.