PRESS RELEASE — SCOTTS VALLEY, CA — Universal Audio, a leading manufacturer of professional audio recording hardware and software, is proud to introduce Volt audio interfaces. Featuring best-in-class sound quality, a Vintage Mic Preamp mode, built-in 76 Compressor in the 76 models, and suite of included audio software, these all-new USB recording interfaces bring classic studio sound to desktop, iPad, and iPhone users.
Record with Classic Studio Sound
All Volt interfaces feature a Vintage Mic Preamp mode inspired by the mic/line preamp in UA’s 610 tube console. A UA exclusive, Volt’s tube emulation circuitry allows users to dial in rich, full sound on vocals and instruments.
Volt 76 models feature a built-in 76 Compressor — an innovative analog circuit based on UA’s iconic 1176 — with easy-to-use presets for adding clarity and punch to voice, guitar, and other sources.
Capture Inspiration with a Stylish UA Design
With simple audio connections, Direct Monitoring for latency-free recording, iPad/iPhone connectivity, and rugged metal construction, Volt elevates any production space or mobile recording rig with stylish UA design, built to last decades.
Volt Key Features
- USB 2.0 audio interfaces with 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion for Mac, PC, iPad, and iPhone
- Vintage Mic Preamp mode for recording vocals and instruments with the sound of a classic UA tube preamp
- Built-in 76 Compressor adds clarity and punch to voice, guitar, and other sources with analog circuit based on UA’s 1176
- Suite of audio software including Ableton, Melodyne, UJAM’s Virtual Drummer, Marshall, Ampeg, and more
- Volt Studio Packs include Volt 2 or Volt 276, a condenser mic with XLR cable, and closed-back headphones
- USB bus powered (except the Volt 476) with compatible devices
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Direct Monitoring for latency-free recording
- 1-in/1-out MIDI connections
- USB-C to USB-A cable included
Volt audio interfaces and Studio Packs are available for pre-order from select Universal Audio retailers, with general availability projected for late November 2021.