PRESS RELEASE — STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN — Elk today announced it has launched a native app version of Elk Live for the macOS desktop. Elk Live connects musicians online for live, real-time jamming over the Internet with ultra-low latency, and requiring nothing more than a standard audio interface and an Internet connection.
With Elk Live, musicians can come together in its online virtual studio for real-time remote jamming, rehearsing, and collaborating ideas for songwriting – in perfect sync and with high fidelity, studio-quality audio as if they were in the same room. The new Elk Live native app for macOS is also ideal for delivering live online music lessons; now that Elk Live is available as a software-only download, students can easily download the software and connect with their teachers online for a low-latency, real-time lesson.
The Elk Live Experience
With a clean, elegant yet simple user interface, Elk Live is designed for musicians of every skill level and every genre to connect with their fellow bandmates quickly and easily so they can immerse themselves in their music.
At launch, Elk Live will be available on macOS, and musicians can connect their instruments to their Mac using any I/O audio interface for an ultra-low-latency experience.
Elk Live connects to the Internet by connecting your Mac to a standard Internet router. Key features of Elk Live include:
- Up to 5 Player Sessions: Elk Live lets you connect up to five people and play like you are in the same room.
- Mixer: The onboard mixer gives you total control of Elk Live and lets you send two channels of audio and receive the same from each player.
- Video Chat: Visually connect with each other to see important queues and communicate with your bandmates. Elk Live uses the camera and microphone on your computer for chatting – much like a Zoom call – so as not to interfere with the real-time live audio from your jam session.
An Elk Live for Windows native app is in development and will be released soon.
- macOS v11.0 or higher
- Standard audio interface that supports at least two inputs, or simply use the audio interface built into a Mac
- Connects via WiFi, or via an Ethernet cable connecting your Mac to a standard router for optimum performance
Pricing and Availability
The Elk Live native app for macOS is available now as a free download. There are no restrictions and anyone with a macOS system can download the software, create an account with no financial credentials required, and begin jamming online immediately. The Company will offer Elk Live for macOS for free during an initial launch period, after which a freemium model will be adopted. Details of the new pricing models will be announced at that time.