PRESS RELEASE — Hannover, Germany — Zynaptiq is thrilled to announce the immediate availability of Orange Vocoder IV, the zynaptified edition of the revered Prosoniq vocoder plugin. A massive upgrade to the classic, Orange Vocoder IV combines 24 high-tech vocoding algorithms, multi-algorithm pitch tuning effects, a powerful virtual analog synthesizer, flexible routing, and a fast and fun workflow with no-compromise sound quality, optimized for maximum presence, punch, and intelligibility.
A vocoder takes two input sounds, and combines their timbral qualities to create a new, hybrid sound. The most well-known example of a vocoder in action are singing/speaking synthesizers, a sound made famous by bands like Daft Punk and Kraftwerk, among many others. With a sonic bandwidth ranging from warm & vintage to crystal-clear, laser-focused, butter-smooth and utterly, completely destroyed, Orange Vocoder IV is much more than just a vocoder, and excels at creating innovative vocal sounds, electric grooves, mutated colorful instruments, frantic robots, mind-bending sci-fi SFX and haunting ambient drones for music production, sound design, and composition.
The key Orange Vocoder IV features at a glance:
- Vocoder plugin with semi-modular architecture.
- Stereo vocoder module with 24 unique, high intelligibility vocoding algorithms, including two zero-latency options modes, each with a distinct sonic character, formant shifting, EQ, expansion, and HF Through and Unvoiced circuits.
- Powerful built-in synthesizer with FM, sync, ring modulation, polyphonic distortion, 9-voice unison operation and an AI-powered preset generator.
- 5 automatic tuning effect algorithms available in parallel to the vocoder.
- Audio freezing, reverb and chorus effects modules. Flexible, semi-modular routing, lightning-fast workflow, streamlined ergonomics and a stunning look & feel.
Made for sound designers, music producers, film composers and mix engineers, Orange Vocoder IV supports all common sampling rates from 44.1kHz to 192kHz depending on available CPU resources, and runs as AAX Native, AU, VST 2.4 and VST 3. The plugin supports MacOS 10.15.x or newer, including Ventura, on Intel & Apple Silicon processors.
Orange Vocoder IV is available now from the Zynaptiq website and authorized resellers worldwide at a special introductory price of $149, valid from May 1st to 31st, 2023, after which the regular SRP will be $249. Existing users of any previous version of Orange Vocoder can upgrade to version IV for $99. A free upgrade is available to users that have purchased the previous Orange Vocoder AU between now and the original announcement of Orange Vocoder IV in January, 2018. Orange Vocoder IV is also available as part of the new ZAP III Bundle.