PRESS RELEASE — Oxford, England — Solid State Logic announces its latest plugin, the G3 MultiBusComp. The new plugin, which leverages SSL’s storied legacy in compression technology, adds multiband capabilities and advanced processing tools to the renowned G Series glue & punch maker.
Once, twice, three times the G Comp
The SSL G3 MultiBusComp plugin takes the original G-Series Bus Compressor and enhances it with multiband technology, advanced processing, and powerful sidechain routing. It is a must-have production tool for producers and engineers looking to achieve the SSL sound in their mixes, delivering the classic SSL “glue” compression across three independently configurable frequency bands. Whether it’s adding that final polish to a production, carving space in a mix with its powerful sidechain routing, or dialling in precise settings to rectify problematic recordings, G3 MultiBusComp is suitable for any genre and brings a new level of versatility to bus processing.
Jon Sandman, Plugins Product Manager at SSL:
Our new G3 MultiBusComp represents yet another significant addition to our growing portfolio of plugins. With three distinct bands of compression, intelligent sidechaining options and other powerful features such as auto gain compensated 4K Drive, this is a must have plugin for anyone involved with mixing or mastering.
4K Drive, powerful sidechaining, and parameter linking
Add the perfect amount of warmth and character with G3 MultiBusComp’s 4K Drive control. Based on SSL’s iconic SL 4000 Series, 4K Drive brings the renowned saturation characteristics and larger-than-life sound of the 4K console to G3 MultiBusComp. Available independently across each processing band, with the option to blend or ‘parallel’ with the original signal thanks to a wet/dry mix setting, 4K Drive can be cranked on a subgroup or added delicately to a master.
G3 MultiBusComp offers powerful sidechain routing and processing, enabling users to customise the high pass and low pass filter cutoffs for each band, accentuate or diminish specific frequencies using the per-band bell filter, and independently trigger each band from an externally routed sidechain signal within your DAW. Advanced parameter linking found in G3 MultiBusComp is an enormous time saver, as it allows users to automatically apply inverse changes between selected parameters on the fly.
G3 MultiBusComp’s auditioning feature offers mutually exclusive soloing on each band and each band’s sidechain input, enabling users to hear each band in isolation to make more informed mix decisions. With a resizeable GUI that can be adjusted from 50% to 200%, the G3 MultiBusComp provides a comfortable user experience that can be customized to a user’s specific needs.
G3 MultiBusComp key features
- Multiband processing with classic SSL “glue” compression: With 3 bands of classic SSL “glue” compression, G3 MultiBusComp delivers the same unparalleled sonic characteristics that SSL is known for, now across three customizable frequency bands.
- Parameter link: Quickly and easily apply inverse changes between the input/output gain or the threshold and makeup gains in each frequency band.
- ‘4K’ drive per band: Inspired by the iconic SL 4000 Series console, add warmth and character to your mix while retaining full dynamic control over your signal.
- Powerful sidechaining and filtering options: Easily customize sidechain filters to accentuate or diminish response to certain frequencies. Unlink the sidechain filters from the band crossover and external sidechaining to drive the dynamics from a different frequency band, or a completely different signal entirely.
- Band graph view: Provides an intuitive way to set your threshold and frequency crossovers, allowing you to achieve more control over your mix.
- Auditioning: Use mutually exclusive soloing on each band and each band’s sidechain input to make informed decisions about your mix.
- Resizable GUI: G3 MultiBusComp features a high-resolution GUI that can be adjusted from 50% to 200% for easy sizing and positioning.
SSL G3 MultiBusComp is available now on the SSL eStore to buy for $199.99, or via SSL’s Rent-to-Own plan. It requires macOS 11 Big Sur or later (including Ventura), an AU, VST, or AAX plugin host, and is both Intel and Apple Silicon (M1) native.