What do you do when your sinuses are revolting against you?

Forum for hijacking, general discussion, chatting and off-topic posting
buddhabelly

Post by buddhabelly » 12 Aug 2005, 04:20

Docs gave me Flonaise to snort and some wikkedly strong anti-germans, that make you feel not so good for my ear infection. Flonaise works wonderfully in my NOSE! but my ears are still full of FLUID! Fucking Dr. don't know that the...fucking fuck fuck...awwww...hell.......where's my beer.

I'ts like this son, smoking, drinking, smellin the fresh srping air, sniffin your woman's cooter, it's all likely to make your sinuses revolt,,,er at least twinge. If you wan't over the counter, get the stuff the kids use to make METH... Sudaphed. One 2 hour session while the FBI goes over my background to see if I have ever been convicted of a crime and if I looked like I had the possibility of making my Sudafed, my nasal cavity's only friend, and turn him over to those chemical monsters that want to take him and turn him to EVIL!!!! oooHOooHHoooo!!!

Where shoud be a [drunk][/drunk] tag or even [pissed][/pissed]
Disclaimer: I know kung fu.

Wylie

Post by Wylie » 12 Aug 2005, 05:55

kanker wrote:
rod samuel wrote:The last few months in tdot inc. have been horrible, I do not suffer from sinus problems but the air in this city sucks!
I was there in July and thought the air was fine compared to home, and I have sensitive sinuses and allergies. Wonderful city you all have there. :D
Dam, I was going to come down and buy you a beer I guess thats when OSXA was down.

The Stones just played Wednesday night in a bar $10 a ticket.
A Day Of Forgiveness
just a song

kanker
Owner/Admin

Post by kanker » 12 Aug 2005, 14:24

Wylie wrote:Dam, I was going to come down and buy you a beer I guess thats when OSXA was down.
Yeah, OSXA was down at the time. I was really looking forward to meeting the t-dot crowd. Might be back next year for the Beaches fest though.

Read a review of that Stones concert - the reviewer said it was great.
2.66 Ghz MBP, 10.6.2, Logic Studio, u-he stuff, Komplete 5
web space
myspace
I'm a recovering reverb addict. I've been dry 7 years

pigeon

Post by pigeon » 17 Aug 2005, 15:41

varga wrote:this is my all time favorite post on the internet... ever... the fact that this thread exists on a os x audio forum blows my mind. i just came across this video and thought of you guys

http://www.bytheplanet.com/Products/Yog ... len_T1.wmv
I'm sorry, that has got to be the funniest movie i've seen in a long time, thanks one and all for your sinus clearing tips!
1.67 PB/1GB RAM/Presonus Firebox/Tapco S5(x2)/E-mu Xboard 25/Reason 3.0/ReCycle 2.1/Live 5.0.3/OSX 10.4.7/....and I may have stolen this avatar from someone on here, if I have, I apologise

Kent Sandvik
Twitter: kentsandvik

Post by Kent Sandvik » 17 Aug 2005, 15:58

Found a new cure for sinus problems while staying over close to Heathrow in a cheapo hotel and eating a veggie burger -- English mustard! --Kent

tdc
Admin Emeritus

Post by tdc » 17 Aug 2005, 16:45

:-) I have to say, that this is definitely my favourite thread here. Brilliant!!!

kanker
Owner/Admin

Post by kanker » 17 Aug 2005, 22:29

tdc wrote::-) I have to say, that this is definitely my favourite thread here. Brilliant!!!
Kinda makes it all worth it, huh? :shock: :wink:
web space
myspace

Kestral

Post by Kestral » 21 Aug 2005, 08:24

Ok, I just ordered from healthandyoga.com and then the email tells me its coming from Pakistan. That kinda freaks me out - just to be sure, you ordered from there too and it was ok right? The last thing I need is to find out some third world mofo is partying on my plastic :shock:
Apple MacBook | Brent Averill Neve 1073 | DBX 160XT | Apogee Rosetta 200 | Logic Pro | Roland Juno 106 | Oberheim Matrix 1000 | Ask me about my guitar rig :)

Kestral

Post by Kestral » 25 Aug 2005, 19:46

Update: just arrived today! I guess they're legit after all. I didn't expect it to arrive this fast, nice!

Ok, so I tried the neti pot and so far...

wow, I am really fucked. My sinuses have been bad all my life and it comes and goes but it's been especially bad lately.

Anyways, I tried the pot and I'm so stuffed up the water had trouble making it to the other side and it felt really weird.

But I persisted and you know what happened? This two big hard pieces of mucus came out. Really disgusting, and I still think there is more in there, but this was after quite a bit of doing this. I felt it was enough for one day. But yeah, water having a hard time even getting through to the other side for me.

So how do I feel? The sinus does feel clearer but I know I need to do this more. Will try again tomorrow night but for now I'd say it was ok. My fear of drowning or doing it wrong is probably not helping. But yeah, I'll do this again tomorrow night and see how it goes.
Apple MacBook | Brent Averill Neve 1073 | DBX 160XT | Apogee Rosetta 200 | Logic Pro | Roland Juno 106 | Oberheim Matrix 1000 | Ask me about my guitar rig :)

Kestral

Post by Kestral » 25 Aug 2005, 19:55

varga wrote:this is my all time favorite post on the internet... ever... the fact that this thread exists on a os x audio forum blows my mind. i just came across this video and thought of you guys

http://www.bytheplanet.com/Products/Yog ... len_T1.wmv
I think she's cute - I'd like to give her an irrigation of my own :D

Kestral

Post by Kestral » 11 Sep 2005, 15:24

Bumping this thread - anyone here have any more comments now that you've tried the neti pot for awhile?

I finally got a bit of the hang of it and it's pretty amazing.

Today I did it and it looked like just the water coming out but I could tell it was thicker and slightly bubbly. My mucus is clear so it came out with the water but I'd say there was at least a good 3 tablespoons of that gooey stuff (reminds me exactly of the clear slime that was dripping of the creature in the movie "Aliens" when it opens its mouth)

Since then I've been able to breathe clearly all day today. Amazing! Going to do it again tonight.

A bit of advice - when I first started trying it, most of the time the water wouldn't even come out the other side because I was so stuffed. So what I did this time around was boil some water, put some himilayan salt in it, and then put my a towel over my head and my head over the big bowl that I put the boiled water and breathed that steam in for about 8-10 minutes. That in itself helped alot but then when I added the neti pot, oh yeah.

kanker
Owner/Admin

Post by kanker » 11 Sep 2005, 15:31

Kestral wrote:Today I did it and it looked like just the water coming out but I could tell it was thicker and slightly bubbly. My mucus is clear so it came out with the water but I'd say there was at least a good 3 tablespoons of that gooey stuff (reminds me exactly of the clear slime that was dripping of the creature in the movie "Aliens" when it opens its mouth)
Ummm, wow. That may be just about the most disturbing thing I've ever read on this board. Thanks Kestral. :shock: :wink:
web space
myspace

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » 11 Sep 2005, 15:44

Kent_Sandvik wrote:Found a new cure for sinus problems while staying over close to Heathrow in a cheapo hotel and eating a veggie burger -- English mustard! --Kent
not a cure really, just relieves the symptoms.
its all about MUCUS REMOVAL!!!!!

*-=neti pot mafia 4 life!=-*

rod samuel
Site Supporter

Post by rod samuel » 11 Sep 2005, 16:22

Thanks Kestral,
just read your post while eating dinner :!:

upriver
Site Supporter

Post by upriver » 12 Sep 2005, 06:11

I've been stealing saline solution from the first aid cabinet at work lately, in between stealing pens/paper/anything, and it seems to be suited for squirting yours eyes, but works great up your nose... three squirts each nostril works great. 8)