Help me choose my HDTV.

Forum for hijacking, general discussion, chatting and off-topic posting
TeleCarlos

Re: Help me choose my HDTV.

Post by TeleCarlos » 20 Jan 2010, 19:05

Sweet! I'll be checking those sales in a few weeks then!

I checked the AVS forum and found it useful. Yep, I think I like the Panasonic 42" plasma thing. the G10 one. If I ca'nt find a better by the then, then this shall be the one! I don't even have cable thou, its just for my dvd's for now. Yep, it's overkill for now but heck, that's what refunds are for! That and a new EH delay pedal!

Thanks guys, I knew you'd be helpful. Suggestions are still welcome!

kanker
Owner/Admin

Post by kanker » 21 Jan 2010, 23:10

If you're looking for a mount for it, go to www.monoprice.com - they're prices are incredible.
2.66 Ghz MBP, 10.6.2, Logic Studio, u-he stuff, Komplete 5
web space
myspace
I'm a recovering reverb addict. I've been dry 7 years

kanker
Owner/Admin

Post by kanker » 21 Jan 2010, 23:11

TeleCarlos wrote:That and a new EH delay pedal!
I just picked up an EH Memory Toy. GREAT little delay pedal. Gonna be using it on my Rhodes tomorrow night along with a QTron and Small Stone...
web space
myspace

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » 21 Jan 2010, 23:26

kanker wrote:
I just picked up an EH Memory Toy. GREAT little delay pedal. Gonna be using it on my Rhodes tomorrow night along with a QTron and Small Stone...
i may have to come check that out, since i missed you at the Noodle tonight (meant to come, i was 5 doors up the street at Blu.. duhhhh)

kanker
Owner/Admin

Post by kanker » 21 Jan 2010, 23:30

AdamJay wrote:
kanker wrote:
i may have to come check that out, since i missed you at the Noodle tonight (meant to come, i was 5 doors up the street at Blu.. duhhhh)
I'll have the Small Stone in action and cash in hand ;)
web space
myspace

ottoman42a
Site Supporter
Twitter: ottoman42

Post by ottoman42a » 21 Jan 2010, 23:55

I wouldn’t go with a plasma as they are being phased out by many manufactures. I have an LCD Panasonic Viera and its just wonderful. Well thought out and well designed. Also monprice for cables is the only way to go. I hooked up my mac, my DVR, and my PS3 with cables from monoprice for like a total of $20 if that. And these are longish cables too.
Have fun,
=Matt

Ottoble

"What's past is prologue" - Antonio
"...silence is not acoustic. It is a change of mind, a turning around." - John Cage

TeleCarlos

Post by TeleCarlos » 26 Jan 2010, 06:46

Didn't realise there was a second page to this thread.

The EH Memory Boy looks great and saw it for $98 at Guitar Center. Almost picked it up but I'm waiting for the new model, Deluxe Memory Boy which has a few bells and whistles more plus an extra tap f/switch which reeeally like. Y'know, I should just get the old one and then hand it down to my daughter if I ever get the new one. And they didn't have the Pulsar trem, the one with the smaller case, in stock, which is what I really wanted. Those vids in the EH website are really good at wetting your apetite!

I just went to a friends house and he had some smallish M-audio's hooked to his big tv on his living room. Any of you guys do the same?

kanker
Owner/Admin

Post by kanker » 26 Jan 2010, 19:06

Just got my wall mounts and cables and stuff from monoprice today. Man, this stuff is top, top, top notch. Highly recommended
web space
myspace

G
Owner/Admin
Twitter: glenngutierrez

Post by G » 26 Jan 2010, 19:20

I've also used Monoprice for cables for a long time—from optical runs for the studio to HDMI for the TV. Great looking stuff, solid feel, amazing prices, and so far, no troubles. I just noticed that they sell crazy cheap graphics tablets, too..
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . UA Apollo x6 + Quad . macOS Catalina . Logic Pro X . TwistedWave . FCPX . PS CC . Affinity Suite . Get Info

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » 17 Feb 2010, 17:16

i just upgraded my 22" Acer LCD to a 32" Insignia 1080p/120hz LCD HDTV
got it for $499.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Insignia%26 ... &cp=1&lp=1

Insignia is Best Buy's in-house brand. Came with a 2 year, in-home service warranty. To go to 4 years was around $45 more, i still have 30 days to decide if i want to get the 4 year warranty or not. But i am thinking since the geek squad would come to my house in event of malfunction, i'll spring for it.

Its great, really. Not too big for its resolution, and easy to work on from just a couple feet away.
It is also ridiculously bright, i keep the backlight at about 40%. They've included an ambient light sensor as well (a'la MacBook Pro)
Best of all, the backlit Insignia logo can be dimmed and better yet... turned off completely!
Leaving the overall appearance of the display very nice and stylish.

TeleCarlos

Post by TeleCarlos » 19 Feb 2010, 19:01

I got the EH Memory Toy yesterday. I believe they may be being phaseed out, it was the last one at the store. They had a few Memory Boys, not many. Its my first analog delay!

Well I got geeky (not too much thou) and started visiting the avs forum and yea, got informed. I'll wait for the Plasma Viera 2010 models. Netflix thingy built in and w-fi, just perfect for me and my viewing habits.