Logic X We are ready to receive you!

Discussion of Apple Logic Pro, MainStage, GarageBand and all related applications
G
Owner/Admin
Twitter: glenngutierrez

Re: Logic X We are ready to receive you!

Post by G » 08 Jun 2013, 19:24

i'd rather download the app/update.. read all the details to see what's changed.. wait for other users to check it out etc..
All do-able with the MAS model. Updates are never forced, and release notes are on every update (more consistently than some audio devs).
i think an app store for plug ins would slow down the 'hot fix' scenario. developers releases program.. then update.. then discovers random weird bug in the update.. fixes the update.. waits 2 weeks for it to show up in the app store while users complain..
Very true, though I know few developers who push updates that quickly anymore—Sadly. Either way, this would only add to the turnaround time, and our audio rigs are more mission critical than sharing photos from our phone.

Something like open-source Sparkle might also work, if it were able to access that part of the system. Didn't someone try to come up with a 3rd party system to track and update plug-ins? Was that Audiofile Engineering?

Anyway, the original theory was an excuse for revealing Logic X at an event for developers (WWDC). Aside from a plug-in store, which yes, probably won't ever happen, I don't think we'll be getting any news specific to us on Monday.
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . UA Apollo x6 + Quad . macOS Catalina . Logic Pro X . TwistedWave . FCPX . PS CC . Affinity Suite . Get Info

timemist
Location: My space/time coordinates are in a constant state of flux

Post by timemist » 09 Jun 2013, 10:01

27 wrote: i don't want to be tied into any kind of app store. i just don't like it. i'd rather download the app/update.. read all the details to see what's changed.. wait for other users to check it out etc..

i think an app store for plug ins would slow down the 'hot fix' scenario. developers releases program.. then update.. then discovers random weird bug in the update.. fixes the update.. waits 2 weeks for it to show up in the app store while users complain..

sorry.. no thanks.
+1

I don't want to transform everything into a retail model where Apple is between me and the developers of the pro software I use. It's a great model for consumer software, but I don't want it for pro stuff. It just adds another layer between me and the developer. I'll stick with the current model.
A Mac, Logic, Peak, FCS, Photoshop, and other stuff = sound and video.

OneOhm

Post by OneOhm » 10 Jun 2013, 08:50

Just a one more hours! Can't wait for the New Logics! wowie zowie!!!!
https://soundcloud.com/nervenickels

One Ohm

"Disclaimer: If the liberty to express oneself is not highly valued, there is no problem: freedom of expression is simply curtailed in favor of other values." -plato

gdoubleyou

Post by gdoubleyou » 11 Jun 2013, 11:23

OneOhm wrote:Just a one more hours! Can't wait for the New Logics! wowie zowie!!!!
No Logic for YOU, my hunch is that we will see something in the fall, along with new OSX, and new Mac Pro.

Remember they have never announced Logic at a WWDC.
In fact Apple has never pre-announced Logic.

8)
G-Dub

2GHz quad i7 MBP
Logic 9.1.8, LPX.0.4, OSX 10.8.5
Apollo Duo

ottoman42a
Site Supporter
Twitter: ottoman42

Post by ottoman42a » 12 Jun 2013, 15:55

When is the next NAMM? Apple announced Logic 9 there last time.
Have fun,
=Matt

Ottoble

"What's past is prologue" - Antonio
"...silence is not acoustic. It is a change of mind, a turning around." - John Cage

G
Owner/Admin

Post by G » 12 Jun 2013, 16:03

ottoman42a wrote:When is the next NAMM? Apple announced Logic 9 there last time.
One month (July 11). http://www.namm.org/summer/2013
MacBook Pro 15" (2016) . UA Apollo x6 + Quad . macOS Catalina . Logic Pro X . TwistedWave . FCPX . PS CC . Affinity Suite . Get Info

G
Owner/Admin

Post by G » 10 Jul 2013, 02:22

And just to be thorough, Logic 9 (in the original form of Logic Studio) was released on 23 July 2009, which was a Thursday.

http://www.macosxaudio.com/front/2009/0 ... -studio-9/

:D

OneOhm

Post by OneOhm » 16 Jul 2013, 18:14

It was released today. Tuesday...lol
https://soundcloud.com/nervenickels

One Ohm

"Disclaimer: If the liberty to express oneself is not highly valued, there is no problem: freedom of expression is simply curtailed in favor of other values." -plato

G
Owner/Admin

Post by G » 16 Jul 2013, 18:47

OneOhm wrote:It was released today. Tuesday...lol
Indeed. Hope we gave Markus a good chuckle. :lol: