Protools 10

Discussion of Avid Pro Tools hardware and exclusive software
AmbitEnergy

Re: Protools 10

Post by AmbitEnergy » 07 Dec 2011, 14:28

Note: The Pro Tools 10 Updates are only available by download. You will need to use a broadband connection to download the update for your system. If you are not able to download on your Pro Tools system, you can download the update from any broadband connection, then transfer the update to your Pro Tools system.

Just an information.

:hehe:
John Galt
[SPAM], Sales Consultant
St. Louis, Missouri

AmbitEnergy

Post by AmbitEnergy » 07 Dec 2011, 14:40

With Avid announcing the release of Pro Tools 10 not too long after releasing Pro Tools 9, most people began to ask the question, “Why so soon?” Could Pro Tools 10 really be much more different than Pro Tools 9? We started digging into these features and found out some interesting information about the new version.
Pro Tools 10 may not have any shocking new features that overly stand out like when we upgraded from version 7 to 8. (The interface was completely redesigned and made to look much more aesthetically pleasing). What seems to be the biggest focus on Pro Tools 10 is enhanced performance.

The problem that had become overbearing was the fact that new versions of Pro Tools were being released more frequently, with each version having tons of new features – and although most of us jumped on the opportunity to buy these new versions, the average computer systems weren’t able to handle them.

Avid has worked diligently to fix that problem. One of the main features would be the Enhanced Disk Handler which allows to get better responses from slower hard drives. They’ve also given the opportunity to record in low-latency mode when using third party audio interfaces.

:evil:

funkyappledog

Post by funkyappledog » 08 Dec 2011, 05:07

Good one John.
Nice to hear that they didn't just go for bells and whistles but the less flashy improvements,something easily overlooked especially here.

lae777

Post by lae777 » 09 Dec 2011, 07:30

I agree with Brent.
I love Protools 10!
I use it professionally and it continues to let me make a living with Protools.
The upgrade price was reasonable as far as I am concerned.
Less than RX2 Advanced or Komplete or some Lexicon bundles or some Waves bundles.
The new features are relevant to me (feature film sound post) and I love them.
Protools 10 has changed my workflow for the better!

BTW It's great to see some passion at (newish) OSXa!